• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problem with my new Overstreet PG (49th) - help if you have one

18 posts in this topic

I got my new OSPG a couple days ago from Amazon. I went looking for "Showcase" today and discovered a problem. my copy jumps from page 992 (ending with Shadowmasters, 1989) to page 1041 (starting with Steven Universe, 2017). I am missing 48 pages. I have leafed through the book, and it does not appear that they are misplaced in the book. Does anyone else have this problem? Just curious if this is widespread or pretty much just my copy. Thanks.

4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Are the missing 48 pages elsewhere in the book? 

6 hours ago, elibowman said:

I am missing 48 pages. I have leafed through the book, and it does not appear that they are misplaced in the book.

15 hours ago, elibowman said:

image.jpg

1041-992=49

This makes it the ultra rare 'treasure trove' edition where they deliberately leave out 49 pages as its the 49th edition. I'd hang onto it. Rumours are you could win a fish. 

20 hours ago, elibowman said:

Amazon is sending a new one already. Plus I can go to my local Kohl’s and drop this off. I guess they’ll ship to Amazon for me. That’s a new one for me. 

Why in the world would you even think of doing this. :screwy:

What you've got is the super rare 1 in 10,000 copy variant copy that every other comic book collector and speculator in the world (except apparently yourself) is absolutely dying to get their hands on.  :takeit:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/28/2019 at 7:38 AM, G G said:

1041-992=49

This makes it the ultra rare 'treasure trove' edition where they deliberately leave out 49 pages as its the 49th edition. I'd hang onto it. Rumours are you could win a fish. 

FFS I love your avatar.

On 7/28/2019 at 6:38 AM, G G said:
On 7/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, elibowman said:

image.jpg

1041-992=49

Why are you subtracting the two page numbers? If a book has page 1 then page 2, your calculation says it's still missing a page. (: