• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel all-colour comic, Doctor Strange #5 (pence copy)

8 posts in this topic

was wondering if you know is this rare? As ive tried to find the exact same comic - WITH 'ALL-COLOUR' in Title on various sites but mostly marvel comic group  / presents is the only hit I'm getting for this comic, I know all about pence copy (issued in England after being issued in America) I asked similar question in another chat forum but still waiting for answer, so dont know if I'm posting this question in right place or not, sorry in advance for being total noob. Please see comic below any ideas how to locate the exact same comic as i would like to know what kind of value do i put on this one? Any advice welcomed

554321304_Scan_20190329(10).thumb.jpg.12cba0e7611184fe710d0331192a1f44.jpg 

They were printed on the same press as the US cent copies,either at the start or the end of the run .They would change one of the print plates to put the UK pence price on then they would be put on a boat and shipped to the U.K.  Eventually marvel also changed the header to marvel all colour comics so that they could be seen to be the real deal as opposed to the U.K. reprints which were in black and white. About 5 to 10 percent of the run would have been pence copies

Edited by Tobytotts

thanks guys I'm feeling really a bit silly around now, but knowledge is power hmmm ... informative and answered my question i like knowing these things as i now have a new site ( used Toby link ) for researching  any other of my comics rather than hassling you guys again thank you. 

(thumbsu

15 minutes ago, Liza761 said:

thanks guys I'm feeling really a bit silly around now, but knowledge is power hmmm ... informative and answered my question i like knowing these things as i now have a new site ( used Toby link ) for researching  any other of my comics rather than hassling you guys again thank you. 

(thumbsu

Don’t feel silly, this was a solid newbie question.  Many people ask terrible questions bereft of thought and consideration.  I don’t count yours among them.

good luck 

Edited by revat

On 7/28/2019 at 9:01 PM, Liza761 said:

(thumbsu

It’s a pleasure to answer your post ,as you say, knowledge is power and I’m a newbie to this site so it’s great to spread the knowledge 👍