• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showmasters London Film & Comic Con 26-28 July 2019
4 4

83 posts in this topic

20190728_115634.thumb.jpg.492bb64ec55e4f14d782281512af94d4.jpg

This mystery box thing seems to be all the rage doesn't it. I bought one and all it had in it was a VFN AF15, Hulk #1 and a Dazzler #12. What a let down. I was really hoping for a Dazzler 10. 

Some celebrities. And Iron Man. And that bloke out of the Guardians thing. 

20190728_115820.thumb.jpg.7743321242b7eaf60ca2f8ffdba7ff11.jpg

And a copper. 

And a Ginger, with a 'My Happy Urns' bag.

So, how was it?

Well, it was fun. I enjoyed it. Not too crowded, and a good atmosphere. The comic content was lousy, but I expected that. Here's what I came away with:

20190728_135858.thumb.jpg.89eef93561c684da7389fe183643bb7e.jpg

I went on my own of course, and that can bring on a touch of melancholy as you watch the families having fun, the mates having a laugh. The joy in little kids faces when they meet what appears to be their idols. It's bitter sweet and can sometimes make you wonder where it all went wrong....hm

But I did get two comics and the chance to share this report. And, I got scolded by a Dalek! That doesn't happen everyday (get your wife jokes in now)

And besides, as the man himself once said, what else can we do on a Sunday?

giphy.gif.d2335de9c94c3a5913228fb0bc412f6b.gif

Well that WAS fun @Get Marwood & I :whee: glad you braved it an all to keep us in the loop across water's :headbang: 

Maybe they'll see you as, "the man with the camera" and hire you for next year hehe :foryou: 

Great report, Steve.

I would’ve been disappointed with the meagre comics content.

Better weather too than the flooded northwest here.

Edited by Ken Aldred

19 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Great report, Steve.

I would’ve been disappointed with the meagre comics content.

Better weather too than the flooded northwest here.

Cheers Paul. You know what it's like - you go to these things with a silly notion in your head that someone new will be there, with a big box of pence Charltons, Archies and Gold Keys that no one else is interested in. But, of course, it never happens. 

The comic content here was worse than the MCM, but I suppose it was a Film and Comic con. Let's face it - comics were likely the last thing on 95% of the attendees minds. 

1 hour ago, Redshade said:

Fun photos Steve.

Ta :)

That Dell "King of Kings" looked nice. I've never seen a 1/- variant before.

:taptaptap:

KOK Shilling Copy

The tatty Daredevil? Meh!

Indeed! Pah!

Two copies please mister

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Tatty low grade affordable Daredevil pence copy! Only four hundred and seventy five of your Earth pounds...

.......thanks for the report. I can almost smell the dank, musty odour from that DD1, from where I'm sitting!

Thanks for the great comic con report marWood ‼️‼️ It looked like fun 🤣 thanks for lots of photo,s too

the wall shots all looked like newer comics , did not see many GA comics in the wall shots

did you see any Dr Brent + flying nurses comics?

8 hours ago, mrc said:

.......thanks for the report. I can almost smell the dank, musty odour from that DD1, from where I'm sitting!

8 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Thanks for the great comic con report marWood ‼️‼️ It looked like fun 🤣 thanks for lots of photo,s too

the wall shots all looked like newer comics , did not see many GA comics in the wall shots

did you see any Dr Brent + flying nurses comics?

4 hours ago, piper said:

Thanks Mr. Marwood!

3 hours ago, G G said:

Excellent thread Steve. Great pics. Thanks for sharing and for your time and trouble putting this together. :applause:

seal-of-approval-wblue-edging-stock-illustration__k9404178.jpg

:headbang:

18 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

And how unlucky was this. Nicola wasn't there, and Daniels was. A bad timing double whammy of doom. 

Try as I might, I never found our Nicola 

My ex's name is Nicola. I hate Nicola.

I kid. I hate the ex, not all people named Nicola.

1 hour ago, Duffman_Comics said:

Entertaining report and thanks for the effort - I know these things take a while to create

Thanks Duff :)

1 hour ago, Duffman_Comics said:

Now. aren't you going to explain to the American cousins what "Spare a penny for the Guy" means?

No :)