• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is New X-Men #134 (1st Quentin Quire) an undervalued key?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I was thinking recently as to what some undervalued Modern key comics may be -  whether it be first appearances, early appearances, origin stories, iconic cover art, classic stories etc - and New X-Men #134 seemed to be exactly that, or am I simply being a bit too optimistic? It's a first appearance of  Omega level mutant Quentin Quire: a potential Phoenix avatar - whilst on the Morrison run. Naturally, I know that Fantomex was a unique byproduct from the New X-Men run, given he was the major player in the Remender X-Force run etc. And of course all it takes is for fanboy Feige to make an announcement - which was seen it Eternals #1 and Marvel Super-Heroes #13, for example.

What do you think?

Still feel Fantomex is undervalued. 

Granted, it's not super hard to find and is fairly recent. 

Just see a lot of potential that is being wasted.  Oddly enough, feels like Deadpool before he became hot (copies were a few bucks, but dirt cheap compared to recent history).

Patrick

On 7/30/2019 at 3:24 AM, followtheleader said:

Still feel Fantomex is undervalued. 

Granted, it's not super hard to find and is fairly recent. 

Just see a lot of potential that is being wasted.  Oddly enough, feels like Deadpool before he became hot (copies were a few bucks, but dirt cheap compared to recent history).

Patrick

How so?

21 minutes ago, Second Blight said:
1 hour ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I do think it is undervalued, but what may hurt the book is he is not on the cover. 

not being on a cover doesn't mean squat

Hulk #180 squat? lol

51 minutes ago, valiantman said:
1 hour ago, Second Blight said:
2 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I do think it is undervalued, but what may hurt the book is he is not on the cover. 

Hulk #180 squat? lol

JO 134 squat? :baiting:

20 minutes ago, 500Club said:
1 hour ago, valiantman said:
3 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

Hulk #180 squat? lol

JO #134 would probably be squat if Darkseid appeared on the cover of JO #135 instead of not appearing on any cover for five months. hm

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:
27 minutes ago, 500Club said:
1 hour ago, valiantman said:
3 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

Hulk #180 squat? lol

JO #134 would probably be squat if Darkseid appeared on the cover of JO #135 instead of not appearing on any cover for five months. hm

Yeah, probably. 

To me, the take home message is:  there are no hard and fast rules.

15 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I think the Morrion New X-Men run is undervalued in general. There are many new X-Men/ mutants that appear that have been used in the subsequent years.

Yeah, I agree.  And, in regards to the OP, X-Men 134 isn't a 'key', per se, but as QQ continues to get used, it has the potential to become one.