• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Collecting Discord Server

25 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, jaysteig1 said:

Discord is a chat server for everything, its basically AIM 2.0,  i have 6 members now lol

what is AIM 2.0?

12 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

AOL Instant Messenger

ahh .. ok lol maybe it could be MSN 2.0..

Ya, I saw this and didn't want to pour cold water on it. First, I shared the server URL on more than one sub-forum here, and that was a wrist slap. Oh man, the shame I felt! :| 

And then, the complaint was basically, "You risk siphoning activity and members off the boards".

My guess is that there's one CGC employee tasked with the forum, a few moderators are volunteers, and the rest is sub-contracted. They're very conservative and restrictive, but they have a business appearance to maintain.

Another issue is that a lot of collectors here are older, and I would wager that even using a forum felt like a challenge to those people. Discord will freak some people the :censored: out.

Regardless, best wishes with the server. :foryou: 

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Hello Everyone, well we have about 15 members so far on my Discord server.  Good place to chat about comics! Hey thanks David for reposting!  It growing slowly! Everyone is welcome! Thanks!

https://discord.gg/HkqrG5

1 hour ago, jaysteig1 said:

Hello Everyone, well we have about 15 members so far on my Discord server.  Good place to chat about comics! Hey thanks David for reposting!  It growing slowly! Everyone is welcome! Thanks!

https://discord.gg/HkqrG5

This looks like one of them Russian phishing thingys