• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does pre-screening work exactly?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Mostly what I mean is how does CGC or CCS typically contact you for a go/no go confirmation on whether to proceed with the grading/pressing once they've screened your books?

Do they typically email you, call you, or just put it on you submission tracking page?

Edited by Darkwing7869

I don't get the "whether to proceed" part of your question.

CGC grades and encapsulates the books that passed the pre-screen and returns the ones that didn't pass. 

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I don't get the "whether to proceed" part of your question.

CGC grades and encapsulates the books that passed the pre-screen and returns the ones that didn't pass. 

Yeah, that confusion prevented me from responding, because I was... Confused...

The prescreening I am referring to is with regards to CCS and their pressing services in determining whether a book is worth pressing or not. I apologize for the confusion. 

In my situation, I sent CCS/CGC an already graded book in the hopes that a pressing would increase the grade. I opted for the pre-screening service from CCS so that if its not worth pressing, its probably not worth regrading. Im still waiting to hear from CCS so I was curious as to what medium if contact do they typically use just in case Ive been missing them. 

Edited by Darkwing7869

4 hours ago, Darkwing7869 said:

The prescreening I am referring to is with regards to CCS and their pressing services in determining whether a book is worth pressing or not. I apologize for the confusion. 

In my situation, I sent CCS/CGC an already graded book in the hopes that a pressing would increase the grade. I opted for the pre-screening service from CCS so that if its not worth pressing, its probably not worth regrading. Im still waiting to hear from CCS so I was curious as to what medium if contact do they typically use just in case Ive been missing them. 

It sounds like you already understand the CCS process. Good job but I don't know what is confusing you ? If you need a status call CCS.