• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 359
2 2

349 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, could not see any topics about it, so sorry if it has been discussed already.

I was just looking on comiclink and saw a restored Detective Comics 359 CGC 9.4 that sold for $869 and then two listings below it is the exact same copy in another label graded 9.2 unrestored and sold for just over 10K!

Not sure which is the older slab and sold first, but that's a lot of money if the book is restored unless one company is right over the other.

Not seen such a big difference between the two companies like this, especially  when there's a possible 10K difference.

00041191694000362032899001.jpg

Well I'm not sure if the other companies book has been put into a CGC case or vice a versa.

I know a little color touch can be removed, so could a tear seal, but a trim to my knowledge can not be fixed, unless it was not trimmed to begin with of course, as it does look slightly miss cut.

I'd need to see the pic of the other "same" book.  Is the CT present on the other book?   I can't believe they would miss it if that was the case.  It sticks out like a sore thumb in the scan above.  

Edited by chrisco37

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

The story is very different depending on which sold first...

The story of which grading company can detect a trimmed book is the same regardless of the order in which the book was slabbed.

No mention on other board.  Maybe threads got trimmed when it was brought up?