• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchase decision. Low grade House of Mystery 8

13 posts in this topic

Hello to all. A House of Mystery 8 came up into an auction site. It's a low grade copy and I was wondering by how much I could potentially resell it, and so, if I could have some profit. Current bid is about $10. I would need to do at least a $13 bid to get it. No back cover image.

houseofmystery8.thumb.jpg.c2ee244050db8d26b2203788e7b6d367.jpg

goCollect has the last sale at April of last year .  You'd have to find a tool (eg Watchcount) which may report data over that time span and then try to extrapolate downwards to match the condition (which obviously is very poor)

Though past sales are no guarantee of a future sales price. If someone wants it bad enough they will pay regardless.  If not, you could always read it.

Cool cover.

First of all, make sure you factor in your shipping, selling, insurance, tax costs for buying and selling.  Also your time, and the possibilities of selling for maximum price.

Other than that, you can look up past sales on ebay or other auction sites using your estimated grade to get an idea of selling prices, maybe OSPG

Also, no one knows your preferences for time/profit and financial/time situation other than you. 

Making money requires work and research and thought.

good luck.

1 hour ago, nines said:

I'd rather have that cover than this sandwich I paid $10 for.

pictures?

21 hours ago, Kromak said:

Hello to all. A House of Mystery 8 came up into an auction site. It's a low grade copy and I was wondering by how much I could potentially resell it, and so, if I could have some profit. Current bid is about $10. I would need to do at least a $13 bid to get it. No back cover image.

extremely low grade beater book. Will be hard to sell unless you price it to sell.

I wouldn't buy it. To many potential problems: missing pages, things cut out, etc.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, Kromak said:

If you're going to flip comics, you better learn to pull the trigger......