• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking Profit and Selling a Comic Book when its Up in Price - Opinions?

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

So recently Ive been thinking of selling some comics to take profit.  For example i bought a tales of suspense 52 ungraded a few years ago for 350 dollars and it came back as a CGC 6.0, and now its worth maybe 1500 to 2000?  So that does seem like quite a jump to me.  i have always sucked with this sort of thing.  Thats why i was bad a stock trading and never took profit.  So how do you feel about this?  There is that fear it will keep going up or go down after the movie.  What are some times you sold a comic to make money and then it kept going up, or sometimes you sold it and it went down?  Thanks

Jason

Which would you rather have in your possession, the money or the comic?  If you have a clear answer either way, go for it.  Only you can judge whether having the money would make a difference to your finances.

Edited by namisgr

19 hours ago, jaysteig1 said:

i have always sucked with this sort of thing.

If you do sell it and make $1350, you clearly DON"T suck at "this sort of thing." Yes, it might increase in value, but that $1K+ is still an admirable return for your $350 investment. And even if it does drop a bit, so what? You're still up by a few hundred dollars.

But it pretty much boils down to: Do you need the money right now, or not? If not, I say hold onto it. It will always be a highly coveted book.