• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention 2020 ( CalComicCon )
8 8

165 posts in this topic

I need to dig the original copy of E-Man #1 I bought off the newsstand out of its box and bring to the show for Joe Staton to sign. It will make a nice bookend to Nicola Cuti and Joe Staton's signatures from 1974! I'll have to show Joe that sketch too. Thanks for putting this show on Terry!!

EMan.jpg.1475645a2fb989d9f1f291ea10318a1a.jpgtn_programauto74.jpg.9e88bb8c0500d1861060a9c5abcb77ac.jpg

4 hours ago, Spikenector said:

Only mere days away! I'll be on the hunt for reader's copies of Action Comics 242, Flash 105 & 139, Superbly 68, and hopefully a beat up Albedo 2 hahaha!

I have just made my newest catalog available on-line in a hidden
webpage, If you want to check it out go to https://terryscomics.com/catalog_2020.asp
  I have included all new purchases from the past few months and some amazing collections.
this includes the British Collection with a near full Pre-code Horror/Sci-Fi selection
another had mostly DC Gold/Silver age comics with many Keys in nice condition.
what is left of the  Jerome Wenker Collection is also listed.  Terrys Comics

On 1/22/2020 at 7:39 PM, Spikenector said:

Only mere days away! I'll be on the hunt for reader's copies of Action Comics 242, Flash 105 & 139, Superbly 68, and hopefully a beat up Albedo 2 hahaha!

I’ve got two affordable copies of Flash #139 and a Superboy #68. I will be set up against the back wall towards the corner. Come see me if interested...

I’ve been bagging, grading and pricing comics and pulps all week and still not done...

Should be a great show!

[Posted with Terry's permission]

Looks like it's gonna be an awesome weekend full of comics! Just a reminder, on Saturday there's two awesome events:

• We are hosting the Comic Swap from 1:00-4:00pm in the Mesa Verde room on the first floor. There will be a lot of really nice books showing up! All collectors and dealers that will not be set up on Sunday, so it's all material you won't see at the main event. You're welcome to bring books to sell & trade, but we don't have any more table space available. Admission $10.
  • Artist Reception from 6:00-10:00pm on the Waterfall Terrace. Meet & greet with Erik Larsen, Joe Staton, Jim Steranko, Michael Golden and Renee Witterstaetter. Bring books to get signed! Food will be provided and there will be a cash bar. Admission $30.

Link to Comic Swap thread: 

On 1/22/2020 at 8:50 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I need to dig the original copy of E-Man #1 I bought off the newsstand out of its box and bring to the show for Joe Staton to sign. It will make a nice bookend to Nicola Cuti and Joe Staton's signatures from 1974! I'll have to show Joe that sketch too. Thanks for putting this show on Terry!!

EMan.jpg.1475645a2fb989d9f1f291ea10318a1a.jpgtn_programauto74.jpg.9e88bb8c0500d1861060a9c5abcb77ac.jpg

Holy ComicCon! I must have been in line behind you.... I'm also considering heading down and bringing my E-Man for Joe to sign.

_MG_1629.jpg

2 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

How crazy is that! I don't remember them having much of a line back then though.

I don't remember much from that long ago... but getting signatures were free and easy... also have an 11x14 sketch from Jack Kirby.... most vivid memory thou is Vampirella at the costume contest.... I have a picture somewhere.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:25 PM, TerrysComics said:

Tomorrow January the 15th is the last day to get tickets sent if you buy them on line.

You will not get early entry, or extra raffle tickets if you do not purchase before the 16th of January.

Advance purchase of CalComicCon ticket with benefits

If you bought tickets online, are you able to get in earlier than 9:30am?  Or what is 'early entry' as described above?

1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

If you bought tickets online, are you able to get in earlier than 9:30am?  Or what is 'early entry' as described above?

Last year, I was able to bypass the line outside and get in about 9:00 AM.  But, I had to wait in the lobby until 9:30 before entering the dealers room.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:50 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Joe got a kick out of signing my program book 46 years later! And he added a nice rendering of Nova Kane to the E-Man rendering from '74. I also had him sign my bought off the stands copy of E-Man #1! Joe and his wife were very gracious; great to meet him again!!

tn_ProgramBookSigned.jpg.5407aa9097590ddc5ca9619a9b8da905.jpgtn_JoeSigning2.jpg.629d5f2c10f5326dd6f9bb750c2a3c36.jpg

Oh and check out Joe's Green Lantern ring!!