• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everything Peanuts

165 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Both pieces framed

CAEE249F-4B8D-49B0-BEEA-5FF34DDF4450.jpeg

Or, go with a single mat opened yet wider and let the archival mounts do their job solo allowing the dedication and full piece to really breathe?

Added bonus: you'll never ever ever ever suffer mat burn!

55 minutes ago, Bronty said:

If it's a fake it's one of the best I've seen. I'm confident that it's legit. 

30 minutes ago, tth2 said:

There are a zillion Peanuts strips in the November Heritage auction!  

I don't understand this market.  EVERY auction has Peanuts - Sundays and/or dailies.  Supply seems to be plentiful yet prices don't seem to have diminished in the least.  Demand must still be widely outstripping supply...thoughts?

Just now, pemart1966 said:

I don't understand this market.  EVERY auction has Peanuts - Sundays and/or dailies.  Supply seems to be plentiful yet prices don't seem to have diminished in the least.  Demand must still be widely outstripping supply...thoughts?

Short answer is "yes" on the demand side, it seems quite high these days.  I don't know if the museum is still buying pieces but I will check next time I talk with them.  The strips are pretty desirable even though there are so many in the "wild" that could come to market.  If this continues for each auction, maybe it will depress prices some, especially on less "classic" content strips.  I would say in the last year or so, the supply has been up quite a bit.  People are asking a lot more for stuff these days too so I have seen several close with no bids (not on Heritage).

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:
6 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Short answer is "yes" on the demand side, it seems quite high these days.  I don't know if the museum is still buying pieces but I will check next time I talk with them.  The strips are pretty desirable even though there are so many in the "wild" that could come to market.  If this continues for each auction, maybe it will depress prices some, especially on less "classic" content strips.  I would say in the last year or so, the supply has been up quite a bit.  People are asking a lot more for stuff these days too so I have seen several close with no bids (not on Heritage).

There has been a quantum leap in prices in the past couple of years or so (whenever it was that a daily from the 1950s broke the $100k barrier).  Prices and supply had always been strong before, but then both have jumped since then, which is not surprising.

While no daily has reached six figures since then, they're all selling at well above levels from before 2 years ago.  So while supply is up, demand is also apparently up.

I should note that I only follow the auctions of strips from the 1950s and early 1960s, and from the mid- to late-60s only if it's a particularly strong strip.  So I have no idea what pieces from the 1970s and onwards have been doing.

Edited by tth2