• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everything Peanuts

165 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Thanks, really excited to add another piece to the collection.  My goal is 20 pieces I love but I seriously doubt I will be able to stop at 20.

Kudos to you for finding it at a small auction house but with the vig and tax it doesnt seem like it was a “deal” per se but what do think it mightve hammered at in Heritage? You certainly had less competition where you found it especially given that its such a stellar example with a great provenance/history. 

Edited by dem1138

1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

Kudos to you for finding it at a small auction house but with the vig and tax it doesnt seem like it was a “deal” per se but what do think it mightve hammered at in Heritage? You certainly had less competition where you found it especially given that its such a stellar example with a great provenance/history. 

It is hard to say but given recent price on Heritage I was thinking closer to $50k if auctioned on their site.

5 hours ago, Kent Mansley said:

That particular strip holds a special place in my heart. I directed the last Peanuts animated special which has a focus on Linus and his blanket. The strips it's based on are beautiful and show Linus' humanity in an interesting way. I'm so glad to see this strip emerge and very, very happy to see it land in your collection. This thread is filled with your appreciation for Peanuts and it's always nice to see Sparky's art in the hands of folks that love it. Huge congrats to you!

Wow thanks for posting !  It must have been amazing working on the animated specials!  There are certain re-occurring themes in the strips that I love like the Linus and his blanket ones.