• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everything Peanuts

165 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I will re-frame so it looks like my other Sunday.

IMG_4351.jpg

I dunno man. Not to be a contrarian, but I gotta say, I for one prefer the white/black classic combo for comic art.

Not that that matters one bit.  No one asked my opinion. But it’s the internet, so I’m gonna foist it on everyone anyway. Hahaha.

That really is a great strip. Looks killer in that frame up. So much class.

47 minutes ago, ESeffinga said:

I dunno man. Not to be a contrarian, but I gotta say, I for one prefer the white/black classic combo for comic art.

Not that that matters one bit.  No one asked my opinion. But it’s the internet, so I’m gonna foist it on everyone anyway. Hahaha.

That really is a great strip. Looks killer in that frame up. So much class.

Thanks !  Opinions are always welcomed. The frame is in not too great of shape. And all of my peanuts are in the same dark wood frame and given my ocd it is important to keep them the same. 

1 hour ago, Mickey7 said:

Great Sunday! Love the Lucy & Charlie being flipped upside down panel.  Are all these Sundays about the same size, or do they vary by era?

I think for the older ones for strips and sundays they are the same size.  I will confirm when I reframe my latest one because I will just re-order the same frame and mat I did last time.

23 hours ago, batman_fan said:

First pickup of 2021 and likely the only one.  I will re-frame so it looks like my other Sunday.

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4351.jpg

Just have to reiterate congratulations.  I would say a Peanuts Sunday like this has always been on my bucket list but not a top priority.  This is probably my favorite Sunday I've ever seen for sale for a lot of personal reasons.  You're lucky to have this!

22 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

Just have to reiterate congratulations.  I would say a Peanuts Sunday like this has always been on my bucket list but not a top priority.  This is probably my favorite Sunday I've ever seen for sale for a lot of personal reasons.  You're lucky to have this!

Thanks for the kind words. When I first saw it I was pretty excited because of the story it told and how expressive everyone was.  I was worried when the bidding was happening that I may be outbid but when I won I was elated. 
My original goal was to just get a daily but once I had won and say it in person I knew I couldn’t stop there. Now that I have Sundays I am getting hooked on them. 

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

My original goal was to just get a daily but once I had won and say it in person I knew I couldn’t stop there. Now that I have Sundays I am getting hooked on them. 

In case you want to further expand your horizons.

image.png.10b76577abe7dc0c8870380c3a6f2af9.png

Edited by Rick2you2

I’ve had these stickers forever, since I was a little kid. They may have even been my mothers. They are pretty beat up. They all have a copyright date of 1958. 

Anybody know anything about them? Are they rare or valuable?

00A98BCC-FEB7-49C7-9E5D-30B6182DE901.jpeg

2 hours ago, Timely said:

I’ve had these stickers forever, since I was a little kid. They may have even been my mothers. They are pretty beat up. They all have a copyright date of 1958. 

Anybody know anything about them? Are they rare or valuable?

These are really fun! I love the bright colors that were used on Peanuts merchandising in this era. There is a very loyal fanbase for Peanuts merch. They used to get together in Santa Rosa, CA, near the Schulz Museum for sales but not sure how the pandemic impacted things. Sadly, the stickers you have are not very valuable from a monetary perspective. It sounds like there is some nice sentimental value with them though if they have been with you this long. Priceless! :)

I saw this on Comic Art Tracker, and I was wondering what it was. Just reprints of his strips with new word balloons, or something more interesting?

Cómics: SNOOPY - TIRA COMICA PEANUTS - FELICITACIÓN DE NAVIDAD - NAVIDAD 1969. - Foto 1 - 171926053

At direct sale

SNOOPY - TIRA COMICA PEANUTS - FELICITACIÓN DE NAVIDAD - NAVIDAD 1969.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:02 AM, Rick2you2 said:

I saw this on Comic Art Tracker, and I was wondering what it was. Just reprints of his strips with new word balloons, or something more interesting?

Cómics: SNOOPY - TIRA COMICA PEANUTS - FELICITACIÓN DE NAVIDAD - NAVIDAD 1969. - Foto 1 - 171926053

At direct sale

SNOOPY - TIRA COMICA PEANUTS - FELICITACIÓN DE NAVIDAD - NAVIDAD 1969.

If by "more interesting" you mean a horrible drawing that Schulz never touched, then yeah it's that. 

This piece just auctioned off last night.  It is from 1957 which is pretty early.  I personally like the bit in it and think the drawing of Lucy in the 3rd panel is amazing.   The venue was Weiss which isn’t known as a big Peanuts artwork outlet.  The final hammer was $70k + 18% so $82.6k.  I will say, watching the Weiss auction was very interesting.  I thought their hammer prices were pretty good on the various lots.

61AA0F68-5CCA-4D1D-915E-A750183B2AC5.jpeg

061B2006-C6AB-4667-9EDD-57244F171892.png

On 2/24/2022 at 7:42 AM, Timely said:

I was high bidder going into the auction. I guess I had high hopes no one knew about the auction as it wasn’t advertised well whatsoever. I was wrong!

I was watching thinking the same thing but boy did I get a heavy dose of reality.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:08 AM, batman_fan said:

I was watching thinking the same thing but boy did I get a heavy dose of reality.

I also noticed the strip was inscribed to somebody famous, an old time movie producer. That was pretty cool!