Everything Peanuts
2 2

111 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

This is an interesting Sunday. From November 1959  hm

 

BD5BF581-C46F-4346-9B83-99BCED3DC483.jpeg

That's a classic!  Addiction was a topic of discussion even in the 1950s!

Is it up for auction somewhere, or are you bragging?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

Wonderful piece!  Very well bought...

Thanks, really excited to add another piece to the collection.  My goal is 20 pieces I love but I seriously doubt I will be able to stop at 20.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 11:46 AM, batman_fan said:

This is an interesting Sunday. From November 1959  hm

 

BD5BF581-C46F-4346-9B83-99BCED3DC483.jpeg

That particular strip holds a special place in my heart. I directed the last Peanuts animated special which has a focus on Linus and his blanket. The strips it's based on are beautiful and show Linus' humanity in an interesting way. I'm so glad to see this strip emerge and very, very happy to see it land in your collection. This thread is filled with your appreciation for Peanuts and it's always nice to see Sparky's art in the hands of folks that love it. Huge congrats to you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Thanks, really excited to add another piece to the collection.  My goal is 20 pieces I love but I seriously doubt I will be able to stop at 20.

Kudos to you for finding it at a small auction house but with the vig and tax it doesnt seem like it was a “deal” per se but what do think it mightve hammered at in Heritage? You certainly had less competition where you found it especially given that its such a stellar example with a great provenance/history. 

Edited by dem1138
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

Kudos to you for finding it at a small auction house but with the vig and tax it doesnt seem like it was a “deal” per se but what do think it mightve hammered at in Heritage? You certainly had less competition where you found it especially given that its such a stellar example with a great provenance/history. 

It is hard to say but given recent price on Heritage I was thinking closer to $50k if auctioned on their site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kent Mansley said:

That particular strip holds a special place in my heart. I directed the last Peanuts animated special which has a focus on Linus and his blanket. The strips it's based on are beautiful and show Linus' humanity in an interesting way. I'm so glad to see this strip emerge and very, very happy to see it land in your collection. This thread is filled with your appreciation for Peanuts and it's always nice to see Sparky's art in the hands of folks that love it. Huge congrats to you!

Wow thanks for posting !  It must have been amazing working on the animated specials!  There are certain re-occurring themes in the strips that I love like the Linus and his blanket ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2