• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
5 5

254 posts in this topic

SO!  

I  got  spanked  this  AM  by  the mods,   I  listed  a  Preacher  1  without  thinking  it  through,   and  they  shut  me  down. 
Durn, all  they  had  to do was point it out  and  I would've  been  happy  to  remove it,  :D

Here we  go  again!  I'm   getting   a  little  break  in  Michigan's  hot  spell,   cool  enough  I  can  sit  at  the  comp  comfortably  in   the  mornings  and  evenings.
Must  be  time  for  a  thread! 
Nice  batch  of  lowgrade  50's  war,   ditto  on   DC  superheroes  and   science  fiction  titles,  some nice  romance  and  the  usual  mixed  grille  of  weird  stuff.  
I've  decided  to  reinstate  the  Early  Bird  Specials,  anywhere  between  7  AM  and  10 AM. 
Weeknights   figure   between  ten  and  twenty   books  posted,  and  maybe  double  that   on  weekend  days.  

DA RULEZI'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.
Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.  

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four  books, well packed in a padded  envelope.   $16 boxed  Priority  for  larger   quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined. For the bargainminded  I can ship one or two books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here's  a  placeholder    until  this  evening.

Little Al of the  FBI  10

Another  fun  Ziff  Davis  painted  cover!

Nice gloss,   tight  and  square,  but    large  water  stain  along  spine  and  lower  edge.   Bit  of  discoloration  on   the   outer  folds,    rusty  staples with 
some  migration.   Still  perfectly   clear   and  readable,   cream - offwhite pages.   

$10 takes it  SOLD!

npma4p5.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here's  what  was listed in the old thread:

Showcase 16 rough  reader
Little  Audrey  Clubhouse 1
Our Fighting  Forces 23
Marvel  Feature 1
Romantic  Marriage 8
Archie 38  large  POBC
Mary  Marvel 17
Millie The Model  Ann 3
Love Marriage 3
Fantasy  Quarterly 1
Jann of the Jungle 17
(Declines  to  mention  the transgressor)
Plastic Man 50  lotsa  tape
Conan 4

If you  didn't have  a  chance  to  look them  over  before,   PM  me  and  I'll  send  a  scan,  a  description,  and  a price.

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Little Al of the  FBI  10

Another  fun  Ziff  Davis  painted  cover!

Nice gloss,   tight  and  square,  but    large  water  stain  along  spine  and  lower  edge.   Bit  of  discoloration  on   the   outer  folds,    rusty  staples with 
some  migration.   Still  perfectly   clear   and  readable,   cream - offwhite pages.   

$10 takes it

npma4p5.jpg

Stalin, hammer & sickle, The Beaver Strikes all in one cover...:takeit:

Oh,   and   my  current scanfest is ongoing,  here's  something  to   hold  you  for  a  half hour or so. 

Tales of the Unexpected 3
Small piece out  upper  edge,   large  corner off  lower  RH  FC, small  split upper  spine,   light  water  lower  LH  BC.   Glossy,   tight  with  offwhite - white pages

$20  takes it

FOnkWR7.jpg

Another  of my  Fabulous  Fifties    lowgraders!

Superman 123

Tryout  issue  for  SUPERGIRL!

Flat  and  square  enough,    still  some  gloss,   tight  with   white  pages.  BUT!  Plenty  of  large light   water  stains,   and   a  few  teensy  bug  chews
at  lower   edge   of   FC  and  first  leaf,  a  couple  more  bottom  edge. 

Looks  nice  in  a  mylar,    nice tight  reading  copy. 

O'street  is    170  in  G,  asking  $140  SOLD!

nULpVpA.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Tales of  Suspense 21

OBOY!   Kirby  and   Ayers  times  two,   and one of those  a  two  chapter  gem,  plus   DITKO!

Bit of  spine  roll,   general  wear,  small pieces out upper  RH  and  lower LH  FC.  Tight  enough,  but   pulled  staple  on  CF. White  pages. 

Asking  $75

9PIAXfO.jpg

Superman 100

Ahh,   the  century  issue!  And I've  STILL  never  found  a  high  grade  copy.   This one is no  exception.

Two  tape  repairs  inside  the  FC,   and  another big  ol'    water  stain  along  the  upper  edge  of  the  book.  
Tight  with  cream - offwhite pages,    lays  reasonably  flat,    still has  decent  gloss.   At  first  glance,  not  bad!  Closer  inspection? 
Not  so  much....sigh...

O'street  G  is  $265,  take it home  for  $150.

FXseomk.jpg

All  right,  one  more  Fabulous  Fifties  lowgrader!

Batman 90

Pulled   upper   staple  on  cover,   light  sub-type  crease  and   a  couple others  besides,   two  small tears  RH  edge  FC,   and  
I  kind  of  suspect  the  RH  edge  of  the  cover  has  been  trimmed. Light  water  staining along    spine  and lower RH  corner of book,   
LH  edge     BC  has  a  touch of   Marvel-style  chipping.    Dust  shadow  upper  edge  FC.

That  being  said,   it's  still  a  Batman  90, and the  interior  is tight  with  white pages. Staples  aren't  particularly  rusty,   and  there's only
a  faint  hint  of   migration  on  lower  staple. 

Asking  $75  SOLD!

TnvxsJV.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Wings 68

A  pretty  copy,  but  it  looks  juuuuust  a  bit  narrow  to  me.  But  maybe not,   the   edge  DOES  come  to  a  bit of  a point 
at  the outer  line.  Flat   clean,  tight,   decent  gloss,  but there  are  a  couple  teensy   tears   RH  edge  FC,  and  two  small 
tears  lower  edge BC.  Very  light   sub   type  crease  FC, dogear lower  RH  FC.    Pages  are  bone  white,   MUCH  nicer  than I  usually  find  in  
Fiction  House  books. 

Asking  $60  SOLD!

X52jvKn.jpg

Edited by catrick339

World of Fantasy 12

Solid  enough  lower grade copy,   with   Marvel  chipping    along  RH  edge FC, a bit more  lower  edge,   otherwise  general  wear,  tight  with  white pages. 

Asking $35

1gV9tXx.jpg

Navy  Patrol  3

Published by  Key Publications,  I don't recall  seeing this one  before, 

Good sized  corner off   upper  RH  FC,  small  split  lower  spine,   general  wear.  Tight  with  white  pages. 

Asking  $10

jStB9BN.jpg

Nick  Fury,  Agent of SHIELD

Ahh,   STERANKO!

Flat  and  tight  enough  with   decent  gloss left,  bit  dust  shadow   RH  FC,   and  water stain upper  RH  FC. 

Grab    a  pretty  albeit   stained  reader  for  $5

r5mbPUX.jpg

Battle Cry 17

Plenty  of  tape  on  spine,   inside  and  out,  general wear.

Nice  reader, solid  enough,   with  plenty of  general  wear,   several  small  tears   LH edge BC,   and  three  small 
corners off   FC. 

Grab  a  precode  war  book  for  $10

NbSe4og.jpg

Zoo  Funnies 9

Ooh,   Nyoka's  gone  blonde! Woo Woo!   Here's the funny  bit:  she's still   a  brunette  inside.  

Couple  splits along  spine,  small  corner off  lower  RH  FC,   good  reader,  tight  with  offwhite pages. 

Asking  10  for precode Jungle  Girl  hi-jinx.   SOLD!

z9oGqhc.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Kathy  The Teenage  Tornado 9

Great  looking  copy,   but  a   page  of  paper dolls  has  been  razored out,  and  a  couple  dolls  cut  out of  the page. It's mostly still  THERE,    the two dolls
included,.  
Razzafrazzin'  nine  year old  girls,  lol

FREE  with the NEXT     purchase,  just  claim it! CLAIMED!

dqSHMT9.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Romantic Love  #1

This  issue  has  the  same   cover  as Avon  Paperback  #252

52 pager, plenty  of  bang  for  the  buck  back  then.  

Flat  and square,  tight  spine  and  CF,  bit of gloss left,   and  off  white pages.  
BUT!  Small  tear   LH  edge  BC,  and a  coffee or  soda  ring  on top  of   our  Hero  and  Heroine.

$30 takes it. 

GJEFmRR.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here we  go,    last  book  for  the  evening!

Marvel  Tales 154

Nice looking  lower  grade  copy,   presents  well.  A  few  small tears      scattered  about,   some  general  wear. Tight  spine  and CF,  offwhite - white pages. 

Take it home  for  $35

DTpC8iG.jpg

Zoo  Funnies 9

Ooh,   Nyoka's  gone  blonde! Woo Woo!   Here's the funny  bit:  she's still   a  brunette  inside.  

Couple  splits along  spine,  small  corner off  lower  RH  FC,   good  reader,  tight  with  offwhite pages. 

Asking  10  for precode Jungle  Girl  hi-jinx. 

z9oGqhc.jpg

Kathy  The Teenage  Tornado 9

Great  looking  copy,   but  a   page  of  paper dolls  has  been  razored out,  and  a  couple  dolls  cut  out of  the page. It's mostly still  THERE,    the two dolls
included,.  
Razzafrazzin'  nine  year old  girls,  lol

FREE  with the NEXT     purchase,  just  claim it!

dqSHMT9.jpg

Take!