• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!
5 5

254 posts in this topic

Just now, catrick339 said:

Man o' Mars 1

IW  reprint  from  the   Fiction  House   issue,   plus other FH  sci fi   stories.

Marvel-style  chipping  RH  edge FC,   something  similar  *almost*   detached  upper  edge  FC.  Tight,  glossy,    white pages, and yes,   small  water stain  upper  LH

$10

LtWT9EW.jpg

Take

7 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Sorry,  can't  do it.   Gunsmokin  beat him  to  one  early  on. 

Robot  has  to  EARN  these goodie!  :D 

Yeah, and you know I would have hit it if I saw it... seriously, great stuff for the price today folks. I’m even leaving some I should probably buy...

Tales of the Unexpected 32

Flat  and tight,  good  gloss,   offwhite pages.    Water  stains around  perimeter, upper  staple  rusty  with  a  small   touch  of  migration.

$10

Q5zdZdS.jpg

Black Magic 34  (V6 #1)

Large  tear  from  staple  to  center of  cover,  couple  more   lower  RH  BC,   small tear  at upper  staple FC. Despite this   cover is  still  attached,   interior  
is tight  with  white pages.  Small  brown  stain  inside  LH  edge BC.   just  to be  consistent  I'm  calling it  "water" 

$10

epimuj9.jpg

Taking a  short  break  to  get  a  cool  drink,  the office is  HOT  today.  

That's the  last  of  the   $10  books,  but  I'm  going  to  list  a  couple  lowgrade  PCH  books  to  finish off  the  afternoon.  

Back  in  20  or  30  with  a  couple  of  fun books.   EDIT  THESE  WILL  BE  CONSIDERABLY   MORE THAN  TEN BUCKS

Edited by catrick339

Weird  Horrors 5 

Flat,  tight,  glossy,   offwhite  pages,  but   tape inside  and outside  along  spine

Asking   $65,  and I  wouldn't mind keeping it. 

XqHKOCe.jpg

Journey  Into  Unknown  Worlds 17

Chipping  along  upper edge  BC,   small  corner off  upper  LH  BC,  couple more  teensy  chips  LH  edge BC,  couple more chips  upper  edge FC,  teeny 
corner off upper  LH  FC,   tight,   flat  glossy,  offwhite - white pages.  

Tape  along   entire   spine  inside  FC,   and  to  finish on  a  positive  note,   several  large  water  stains,  lol

Asking  $60  SOLD!

o3fvkbT.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Journey  Into  Unknown  Worlds 17

Chipping  along  upper edge  BC,   small  corner off  upper  LH  BC,  couple more  teensy  chips  LH  edge BC,  couple more chips  upper  edge FC,  teeny 
corner off upper  LH  FC,   tight,   flat  glossy,  offwhite - white pages.  

Tape  along   entire   spine  inside  FC,   and  to  finish on  a  positive  note,   several  large  water  stains,  lol

Asking  $60

o3fvkbT.jpg

:takeit:

And that's that!

Back  tomorrow  morning  with  a  few  (fairly)  early birds,  tomorrow  evening  with  another stack.

Time for a  couple  kinda  sorta earlybirds.

Black  Cat  Mystery 47

Gotta  love  a  pre  code   Harvey  horror  book,  even in  this  shape,   which is to say,     Rough  Reader. 

Buncha  tape  inside  cover  all  along  the spine,   and  over the  missing  chunks  LH  edge,  and after  that,   the  small  piece out of the RH  edge   hardly 
seems  worth  mentioning,  does it? Various  chipping  elsewhere,   good sized  dogear upper  LH  BC,  small  corner off   lower   LH BC.  Plenty  of  
general  wear.  Interior  is  actually okay,   tight  with  cream - opffwhite pages. 

Affordable  reader for $25  SOLD!

5HcPs1u.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Commando  Adventures 2

Buy this one  and  you've collected  half of the run!

Small  corner off upper  LH FC,   touch of stacking  roll,  general wear,  but of light soiling/staining  BC.  Pulled  lower  staple  on CF

Good gloss,   tight  spine  and  CF, white pages

Asking  $20

L3hHn5O.jpg

Attention  Fawcett  collectors!  Here's  a  weird  little  product, only one   I've  ever seen. 

American  Alphabet  in  Rhyme  and Song

Copyright  1944  by  Musicomic  Publishers,  Inc,  but  there's  a  copyright  notice  lower LH  FC ,  Copyright  Fawcett Publications,  Inc

Sure  enough,  there's  Hoppy  the Marvel  Bunny,  Sherlock  Monk,  Benny  Beaver,  etc  on the  cover.   BC  is  identical  with  FC, and  
that's  the  only   areas you'll  find  the  Fawcett  characters. Interior  is  chock  full  of  patriotic  themes,  with  A for  America, 
F  for Flag,  G for  (Victory) Garden,   S  for  Soldier,  T  for  Tank,   etc.

Asking  $50  for  a nice little  oddball. 

yKrnraU.jpg

1AFtyrG.jpg

...and  it never  did. High of  90  yesterday here in  midMichigan. Still  in  the  mid  eighties  upstairs  when  I  went  to  bed  near midnight.
Thank  Crom  for   window  AC  for  the bedroom!  The  heat  finally  broke  overnight,  so  let's   have  a  little  morning madness. 

I Love You 17

Here's   a  little  beauty.   Love  me  some  Charlton  Fat Fifties  Funnybooks!

Flat,   clean,  glossy,   tight  spine  and CF,  offwhite - white pages.  Bit of   wear  along  the  spine,  with  a half   dozen  color  breaks,  mainly  at the staples
although  there  are  a  couple  others,  Both  LH   corners   have  a  chip  and  a hint  of  rubbing,  and  a  teensy  weensy  color  chip (Ink only,  no paper)
lower edge  FC. Tiny light   dogear upper  RH FC, Bit of light soiling   RH  edge  FC  along  spine.  

All that being  said,  this really  is    a  purty  copy,  see  the  scan.

Asking  $75

Qg5Mpxm.jpg

Two Fisted Tales 34

Spine  completely  taped  inside, couple  other  pieces,  small piece out  lower FC,   chipping  along  lower  edge BC.  Plenty of  general  wear. 
Tight with offwhite pages

Nice  reader  for  $15

jaZcfxj.jpg