• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seller Restrictions on Sending to the US
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I saw something on eBay Europe I was thinking of bidding on which is located in England until I noticed the seller won't ship to the US. Is there a way around this people which use? And, is there a reason for it? We don't pay any import duties on art (I think), as those in Europe do, so I don't know of any.

5 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I saw something on eBay Europe I was thinking of bidding on which is located in England until I noticed the seller won't ship to the US. Is there a way around this people which use? And, is there a reason for it? We don't pay any import duties on art (I think), as those in Europe do, so I don't know of any.

the only way around it is to have a friend in the countries they ship too.

The reason is some people don't want to ship outside their own country.  Their reason could include not dealing with customs forms..  Many US listings only ship to US too.

Malvin

6 minutes ago, malvin said:

the only way around it is to have a friend in the countries they ship too.

The reason is some people don't want to ship outside their own country.  Their reason could include not dealing with customs forms..  Many US listings only ship to US too.

Malvin

Yeah I stopped shipping outside the U S.

in the old days I’d ship and declare a low value to save the buyer customs $$$ if they came with solid credentials.

Today big time —-art is targeted by thieves and it’s just too risky imo.

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Did you email them or the listing just said won't ship to the United States?  If you are just looking at the listing, I'd shoot off an email.  If he still says no, maybe see if you can find a comic shop or some other 3rd party to help.

6 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Did you email them or the listing just said won't ship to the United States?  If you are just looking at the listing, I'd shoot off an email.  If he still says no, maybe see if you can find a comic shop or some other 3rd party to help.

I had tried that, but for some reason, the site wouldn't accept emails or questions for the seller. The response I got was:

"We couldn't find an answer. Unfortunately, this seller isn't able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

I plan to try again later.

Edited by Rick2you2