• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Hi!

Looking for an authorized CGC Facilitator for next month's Dragon Con in Atlanta. I've got 3 books for George Perez and Marv Wolfman. Also a few for Roy Thomas.

This show is huge and includes comic creators: Roy Thomas, Peter David, Gene Ha, Jeff Dekal, Mike Grell, Keith Giffen, Greg Horn, Greg Land, Fabian Nicieza, Mark Texeira, Chris Uminga and more!

Also appearing are film & tv stars: Freema Agyeman, David Tennant, Zachary Levi, Cooper Andrews, George Takei, Marc Singer, Gil Gerard, Asher Angel, Donal Logue, David Mazouz, Robin Lord Taylor, Anson Mount, Lana Parilla, Mark A Sheppard, Catherine Tate & more!

Full guest list here: https://www.dragoncon.org/people-to-see/

I'm sure any facilitator would be able to pick up a few dozen sigs at this event for other boardies like me.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm willing to pay WAY OVER standard facilitator fees to get the Perez / Wolfman books done. Please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!

Edited by Chazgee

3 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

... if he makes it AT ALL... he canceled the two prior appearances, no?  I’m worried about his health. 

He only cancelled one (Terrificon) mainly due to a scheduling conflict.

Edited by Chazgee

Same here for Perez. I don't really want to go on a crazy weekend but not sure if Perez will be there Thur or Friday? We are only planning one day.  I called CGC about a month ago asking if someone would be available but was told to call when it got closer. 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:24 AM, RadiantGraphix said:

... if he makes it AT ALL... he canceled the two prior appearances, no?  I’m worried about his health. 

He and Wolfman cancelled Terrifficon. I have some unsigned comics coming back. Apparently DragonCon will be the last show they both will be at if there are no cancellations. And I need a Larry Elmore sig!

On 8/3/2019 at 10:58 PM, Aleshia said:

Same here for Perez. I don't really want to go on a crazy weekend but not sure if Perez will be there Thur or Friday? We are only planning one day.  I called CGC about a month ago asking if someone would be available but was told to call when it got closer. 

Don't go for Perez on Thursday. Artist alley won't even be open until Friday around noon.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, Darrell F said:

As someone who facilitated at Dragon Con for over a decade, the show is a nightmare to work

I've got to agree with this.  80,000+ attendees in a show spread over 5 hotels and several city blocks and the media and comic guests are about as far apart as it gets.  It has taken me 3-4 hours just to get the badge that I pre-registered for.  The cash line was no different.  I'm hoping they've streamlined the process in the years since I've been.  Plus, fire marshals limit access to the media guest room and the room itself doesn't have enough room to have organized lines. 

I've worked NYCC and SDCC before, but Dragon Con is hands-down the toughest show to facilitate.  It doesn't surprise me that people aren't chomping at the bit to take subs. 

38 minutes ago, Mayor006 said:

It's gotten better, but if you want a big name media person it can still be a real hassle. I still remember a couple of those years working with you and your wife, hope all is well @Turtle!

Those were my pre-kid years.  lol  I think I had lots more energy back then.  Couldn't imagine keeping track of the kids at a show like that.  They'd sure like the costumes, though.

I'm glad to hear it has gotten better @Mayor006.  I remember the first year they thought they thought they got the badges figured out by incorporating a barcode system to speed up the process for anyone who pre-registered.  I think they forgot to do a test-run with it and they abandoned it about 20 minutes into the process.  The day-of line was much faster than the pre-registered line.  :insane:  I don't miss that hot, smelly room. 

It's a great show with some guests that often don't show up anywhere else.  I can see going back someday, but I doubt I'd ever take open submissions again.

Edited by Turtle