• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$90,000 = All-time record for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (August 1, 2019)
4 4

138 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, NewWorldOrder said:
3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Only one CGC 9.8 copy graded between February and May 2014, so... that was your book. :foryou:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/5000360

Well then its a good thing I still have a copy I stashed away.  :foryou:

That was the same feeling I had when I let go of an AF #15 and they went through the roof.

"Well then its a good thing I still have a copy I stashed away. :foryou:"

8 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Just a (depressing) reminder that in 2007 all 40 pages of OA, the Cover, a copy of the first print, the inside cover art, and the advertisement in Overstreet sold on eBay for $250,099.  

Oh hey... I was just about to text you or tag you in this thread. lol 

So... here is my burning question... 

Which one of you has to figure out where you are keeping it and when are your sales threads going to open up to offset the cost? 

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Oh hey... I was just about to text you or tag you in this thread. lol 

Yea wasn't me.  I'm happy with my 9.0 First print, 8.0 Eastman signed Second Print and 9.4 Laird signed Third Print.  O and my mountain of Turtles OA lol

Edited to add: I just realized I'm going to need a separate checked bag for all the stuff I'm bringing with me (and hopefully leaving with) to Granite Con.  

Edited by jaybuck43

13 minutes ago, icefires said:

Cherry Poptart #2 and Funnybook CGC 9.8 are also going to explode soon. At least $50,000   lol

Probably so.  They do have five theater movies and decades of cartoons, too, don't they. :kidaround:

43 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

wow I read that long article very interesting read. 

16 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I wonder if the recent turtlemania gold hammer impacted this at all...

Probably, but I'm also wondering if this isn't also a result of Albedo #2 skyrocketing.  Different fanbase, but Usagi is not a household name and it's seriously drawing big money.

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Probably, but I'm also wondering if this isn't also a result of Albedo #2 skyrocketing.  Different fanbase, but Usagi is not a household name and it's seriously drawing big money.

Yeah, I wonder if lower grade of Albedo need to be picked up soon.  The only problem is I think Albedo 2 has an even lower print run then TMNT 1 first print?

Haha nothing like a good natured ribbing. I was serious when I said Am I missing something. I thought I may have been. I can't believe a comic of that value would more than double in price since the previous known sale. From 38k two months ago to 90k? I can't help but feel something might be not quite right. 

7 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

image.png.daf26b9f8d69d504dc248e0bc6a42e7d.png1227232249_ScreenShot2019-08-01at1_26_27PM.thumb.png.46d71340d3eeb9edb76e46b919a242dd.png

Assuming this was the copy I sold back in 2014 before the book in grade doubled a year or so later.

Well at least I can say I found the best copy in the world. :ohnoez:

It is... sorry

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7211-91091.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

21114571%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Edited by Buzzetta

41 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
46 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Yeah, I wonder if lower grade of Albedo need to be picked up soon.  The only problem is I think Albedo 2 has an even lower print run then TMNT 1 first print?

Yes, Albedo #2 has a lower print but lower recognition as well.  TMNT, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman feel like the only characters that everyone from ages 3 to 83 can name easily.  Characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Flash, Wolverine, etc., are probably not as familiar to one generation or another, and characters like Usagi aren't even familiar to many comic collectors. lol

44 minutes ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

Haha nothing like a good natured ribbing. I was serious when I said Am I missing something. I thought I may have been. I can't believe a comic of that value would more than double in price since the previous known sale. From 38k two months ago to 90k? I can't help but feel something might be not quite right. 

Something is off... your math.  It was over 14 months ago. :gossip:

:kidaround:

Edited by valiantman