• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$90,000 = All-time record for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (August 1, 2019)
4 4

138 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Something is off... your math.  It was over 14 months ago. :gossip:

:kidaround:

This is why I don't post on internet forums much. I obviously got the year wrong. It was 2018 not 2019.  But instead of just pointing that out...........you know.

OH boy do I feel stupid now!

Edited by Dinosaur jr.

2 minutes ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

This is why I don't post on internet forums much. I obviously got the year wrong. It was 2018 not 2019.  But instead of just pointing that out...........you know.

OH boy do I feel stupid now! Happy?

I post 2 comments on this thread regarding the super high price this comic went for, and we all know it was extremely high, and I get 6 cheap shot comments in response.

Don't take it personally. Really. Love your username.

12 minutes ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

OH boy do I feel stupid now! Happy?

I post 2 comments on this thread regarding the super high price this comic went for, and we all know it was extremely high, and I get 6 cheap shot comments in response.

I will only take cheap shots at the person who paid $90,000 for that book. :roflmao:

46 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Don't take it personally. Really. Love your username.

Really? Thanks, I really needed that boost today.  

I was wondering if Bid History is available on Heritage. Probably not. Could this have been two or maybe three people just bidding each other up? Once it hit around 45 or 50K I would think most everyone would have just bailed. Also if This turns out to be a bad sale meaning a deadbeat high bidder does Heritage make that known? And my final question to anybody who may want to chime in is do you think this will set a precedent or do you think the next 9.8 will come back down to the around previous level price wise?

Edited by Dinosaur jr.

1 hour ago, telerites said:

I had the first 9.8 and I remember when I posted it here, some folks were saying there wouldn't ever be another - black cover, limited press run and all.  I have told the story of how I didn't want the book or the next three issues but the guy at the LCS I went to back then told me to get them.  Never read them and just stashed them away.  Didn't have them pressed prior to subbing (not even sure if I knew about pressing).  Still have them.  Here is my #1 and this thread makes me so happy lol although that price is just dumb.  And btw, I don't even like the turtles.

0801130850061.jpg

Hi, so you had the first 9.8 ever graded? Wow. So if this 90K sale is legit I suppose this is a good day for you. 

26 minutes ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

So if this 90K sale is legit I suppose this is a good day for you. 

Hi, yes mine was the first.  The other recorded sales are crazy to me.  I was/am too old to appreciate the turtles.  

1 hour ago, Dinosaur jr. said:

OH boy do I feel stupid now!

I included the Three Stooges emoji to indicate I was just ribbing you, for funsies, supercoolish. Don't feel bad, I get math wrong -1% of the time.

:kidaround:

5 hours ago, telerites said:

I had the first 9.8 and I remember when I posted it here, some folks were saying there wouldn't ever be another - black cover, limited press run and all.  I have told the story of how I didn't want the book or the next three issues but the guy at the LCS I went to back then told me to get them.  Never read them and just stashed them away.  Didn't have them pressed prior to subbing (not even sure if I knew about pressing).  Still have them.  Here is my #1 and this thread makes me so happy lol although that price is just dumb.  And btw, I don't even like the turtles.

0801130850061.jpg

(worship)  I'll give you …….   nvmnd :sorry: