• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot 10 Comics - August 2018 - checkup in 2019

8 posts in this topic

What would be really interesting for me is to see a flash back in a Wizard Magazine and in a Comic Buyers guide and in an Overstreet all in the same month just different years.  I can't for the life of me remember whether they were all  generating top/hot lists or lists back in the day.  I'm sure there's something we could pull out of there that would be comparable or at least a little instructive. 

The point is that it would be fascinating to see all of the hot/top lists over the decades juxtaposed against one another with current data.  I really love when people remember a book was a big deal back in the day and now its not.  For example, back in the 1980s the first Frank Miller Daredevil, the Punisher War Journal Wolverine issues, etc. were super hot and now that stuff is all but forgotten.  I love dissecting what happened to books.  Why history favored this issue but not that issue.  There are so many fun examples too.  I love hearing about the stuff that is before my time or that I barely remember because I was just a kid.  Thoughts? 

None of that is surprising. It applies to most books nowadays.

Interesting, I actually came across that Riptide #1 book in my LCS last week as I was sorting overstock for them. I remember because I had commented on how cool the cover was. I wonder if I can get it at a reasonable price. The premise--aliens hidden under the ocean--is right up my alley!