• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The MVP of your collection (with respect to objective value)

69 posts in this topic

The answer is......... John Buscema to both.

Even if I just counted everything but "How To Draw The Marvel Way" I have spent the most of Big John's artwork and its was the most combines value. Add in "How To Draw The Marvel Way" interiors and cover prelim its skyrockets even more.

link to my comicartfans mini gallery

Spent money on....Rube Goldberg.

Value in the collection...Ed Hannigan.

The Hannigan covers are so highly valued that I don't hang them in daylight, they are in safe storage.  

The Rube Goldbergs (no inventions) i have framed and displayed in indirect light in a north-facing room.

David

Edited by aokartman
link added

11 hours ago, aokartman said:

link to my comicartfans mini gallery

Spent money on....Rube Goldberg.

Value in the collection...Ed Hannigan.

The Hannigan covers are so highly valued that I don't hang them in daylight, they are in safe storage.  

The Rube Goldbergs (no inventions) i have framed and displayed in indirect light in a north-facing room.

David

Interesting to see this one in your gallery.

Batman cover

And compare to

Byrne Wolverine cover

8 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Up to your Gils in art? (:

LOL...I wouldn't say that Gil Kane is anywhere near my favorite comic artist, but, he did so many covers for Marvel (X-Men #94 is one of my all-time faves outside of the Kane examples I already have) as well as the interiors to so many of my all-time fave issues (ASM #96-98 and #121-122 in particular) that I guess it's not surprising that I've ended up with a fair bit of Kane by market value.