• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The MVP of your collection (with respect to objective value)

69 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I am definitely a huge Batman fan and still have from issue 1 to around 620.  Romitaman has referred to me as "Mr Peanut" so maybe a name change is in order hm

Batman and Peanuts I totally get it. I think we can handle thinking of you as a huge fan of both•

3 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Fortunately, he drew more than anybody else in history!

Yes there is plenty for everyone. I am grateful Romitaman didn’t decide to become Kirby-man and hoard all things JK.

Edited by grapeape

Here we go ahead - where is the respect for the inker?

(1) On which artist have you spent the most money to date?

1. Penciller - Kirby

2. Inker - Everett (more spent on Everett pencilled or inked than Kirby pencilled or inked)

(2) In your collection, which artist's works have the most combined value (when assessed objectively)?

1. Penciller - Kirby

2. Inker - Everett (more value in Everett  pencilled or inked than Kirby pencilled or inked)

Finally, a new use for my Excel

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I am definitely a huge Batman fan and still have from issue 1 to around 620.  Romitaman has referred to me as "Mr Peanut" so maybe a name change is in order hm

You could have a Rap name, P-Nutz ;)

17 hours ago, vodou said:

That source has confirmed itself to be dry? Wow. I never thought it would be two years worth. Got mine quite early, the rare steal of them, and moved on with my life ;)

The consignment shop owner told me the consignor was in a care facility and has since passed. The house it came from was mostly packed with collectibles. Chance that some of the key pages were cherry-picked as they left the house, but impossible to say from the limited insight given to me.There are a couple pages I would aggressively go after... and then I would rest for a good while.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:59 PM, Weird Paper said:

I tend not to have a whole lot of examples by a single artist -- seven Wrightsons

It's probably just the meds kicking in but do I hear a very tiny violin playing in the distance?