• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
3 3

123 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

"More books later this afternoon" ... :popcorn:

I meant to say,  'More books later this afterevening"....

...seriously more coming up in about 30 min....

Ok so in the face of the incessant demands of the many few couple one honourable Boardie for more books, I will post the last handful, but first a couple more pics from my trip to Niagara Falls ON. Yes everyone goes for the Falls (and to have their money vacuumed out of their wallets...lets not forget that...) but this was my first time and I wasn't sure what else to expect. One very pleasant surprise was the Oakes Garden Theatre which sits just off the main Niagara Way but kind of presides over part of the view of the Falls. Behind the gallery-pergolas there is still another beautifully landscaped sanctuary of gardens and little streams. 

Here you are looking out with the Falls off to the left...

NiagaraFalls-gardens.thumb.jpg.cb6b6e6d95012dfa34339ce1dc4b1532.jpg

A faux Roman "gateway to empire"

NiagaraFalls-Gateway.jpg.24b562c71a63a63ca0a0b8341827a853.jpg

Incredible Hulk 105 7.0 (Bright with average gloss; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly sm cb abrasions top & btm spine & hard cb wear top edge fc;  sm cb ding center btm edge fc; crnr blunting; hard impact top spine shows as cb crse ul crnr bc; light patches of stacking transfer along upper spine & leading edge fc; light tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $35.00

IH-105-fc.jpg

IH-105-bc.jpg

Incredible Hulk 184 8.0 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear, mainly left edge bc incl a 1/16" tear; faint mainly ncb folds br crnr fc; sm impacts top & btm spine with sm cb crses; blunted bl crnr bc with sm faint cb crse; light foxing & ink transfer bc) $5.00

IH-184-fc.jpg

IH-184-bc.jpg

Tales of Suspense 66 8.0 (Bright with strong colours & superior gloss; presents better but faint partial cb crse br crnr fc limits grade; otherwise only v light wear consistent with a high grade copy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top edge bc & faint vertical cb crse r-edge fc just below the "A" in "America"; mod cb spine stress; v sm cb crse ul crnr bc; light prntrs-crses ur crnr bc; mod tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $65.00 SOLD

ToS-66-fc.jpg

ToS-66-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Tales of Suspense 67 3.5 (Bright, slightly reduced gloss but still good colour & reflectivity; major defects are 1 full cb sub crse fc & 4 full cb sub crses bc, how someone managed that I cannot begin to imagine, but there it is; otherwise mod spine & edge wear, mod spine stress mostly fc; sm spots of rust btm staple with some mod rust migration at cf; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $8.00

ToS-67-fc.jpg

ToS-67-bc.jpg

Tales of Suspense 72 4.0 (Bright with still good gloss, colour & reflectivity; major problem here is obvious but I cannot explain, while the book does not lie flat it does not have a pronounced spine roll, and the back is not feathered, suggesting this is a production cutting issue, but I do not know for certain; otherwise cb wear typical for the grade and) Claimed

ToS-72-fc.jpg

ToS-72-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Tales of Suspense 82 6.5 (Strong colour but with reduced gloss & low reflectivity; mod spine & edge wear, mainly rough overhang top edge fc & bc & btm edge bc; crnr blunting; localized ink transfer ur crnr fc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer fc & bc) $10.00 SOLD

ToS-82-fc.jpg

ToS-82-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Tales of Suspense 92 8.5 (Cracked out CGC 8.5 CR-OW label incl; Bright with strong colours & superior gloss; presents much better & at first glance looks undergraded but an accumulation of small things kept it, I am assuming, from a 9.0; light spine & edge wear, mainly top edges fc & bc; slight staple stress; light spine stress; blunted ur crnr fc with sm crses; v faint vertical partial cb crses right center top & btm edge bc, this may be production or it may be that it was more pronounced at one time & this book was pressed up to an 8.5, but I cannot say for sure; d-shdw left edge bc; mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $35.00

ToS-92-fc.jpg

ToS-92-bc.jpg

On 8/3/2019 at 10:40 AM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 156 8.0 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear, mainly top edge fc & bc; impact br crnr fc leaves a ncb fold fc but a cb crse bl crnr bc; sm impact btm spine also ncb fc but sm cb crse btm spine bc; light foxing & ink transfer bc) $8.00

FF-156-fc.jpg

FF-156-bc.jpg

1 hour ago, crassus said:

Tales of Suspense 66 8.0 (Bright with strong colours & superior gloss; presents better but faint partial cb crse br crnr fc limits grade; otherwise only v light wear consistent with a high grade copy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top edge bc & faint vertical cb crse r-edge fc just below the "A" in "America"; mod cb spine stress; v sm cb crse ul crnr bc; light prntrs-crses ur crnr bc; mod tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $65.00

ToS-66-fc.jpg

ToS-66-bc.jpg

1 hour ago, crassus said:

Tales of Suspense 82 6.5 (Strong colour but with reduced gloss & low reflectivity; mod spine & edge wear, mainly rough overhang top edge fc & bc & btm edge bc; crnr blunting; localized ink transfer ur crnr fc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer fc & bc) $10.00

ToS-82-fc.jpg

ToS-82-bc.jpg

Take please and TOS 72 freebie

8 minutes ago, Asianassassincomics said:

Take please and TOS 72 freebie

^^ the FF 156, ToS 66, ToS 82 and the ToS 72 freebie are all yours, many thanks indeed! 

18 minutes ago, cpannell said:

Hi Robert, Nice thread. Some of my favourite silver age books in here . . . 

:applause:

Chris, hope you are well. I have a few pics to share via PM tomorrow. You were so close and yet so far, which is how I felt about everything driving across the GTA, but we did stop in St Thomas (for my son the train lover) and for a night in London. The region is beautiful, but its been more than 20 years since I drove through that GTA and I'll be honest it was a buzz kill...and nearly road kill, my least favourite part of it. 

Thread Recap 

Top of the morning to everyone

The last books (sometime) today

Always happy to consider PM offers

Many thanks to everyone for having a look :smile:

PAGE 1

Fantastic Four 33 Qualified 6.5 $20.00

Fantastic Four 73 6.0 $15.00 

PAGE 2  

Fantastic Four 154 7.0 $6.00

Fantastic Four 163 9.0 $12.00   

PAGE 3

Fantastic Four 168 Copy A 6.5 $3.50

Fantastic Four 169 8.5 $8.00

Fantastic Four 178 8.5 $6.00

Fantastic Four 184 7.5 $4.00

PAGE 4

Fantastic Four 192 8.0 $4.00

Fantastic Four 194 8.5 $4.00

Fantastic Four 197 9.0 $6.00

Fantastic Four 199 8.5 $4.00

PAGE 5

Incredible Hulk 105 7.0 $35.00

Incredible Hulk 184 8.0 $5.00

Tales of Suspense 67 3.5 $8.00

Tales of Suspense 92 8.5 $35.00

Ok so I can finally relax for a bit, and have a beer, and listen to music and post. 

First up a freebie, then some pics, then that lonely DC romance comic, then more freebies, than a couple of slabs, than whatever else I find...

Monsters on the Prowl  27 7.0 (Bright & glossy; short story is that a pretty 8.5ish fc meets a 6.5 back cover, and back cover wins! long cb crse bl crnr bc; otherwise light spine & edge wear, light cb spine stress; mainly ncb surface wear, great reader and absolutely) Claimed

MotP-27-fc.jpg

MotP-27-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus