• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS #4 Page on eBay. Real or Fake??
2 2

59 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

Piece of garbage is up to $2550

I don't think so. Does this bid history look like normal people bidding? Nope. The increments are all wrong.  The guy has like four accounts (actual number rounded) -- it's likely he's shill bidding it to give it the illusion of motion.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/223610256254?item=223610256254&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

26 minutes ago, glendgold said:

I don't think so. Does this bid history look like normal people bidding? Nope. The increments are all wrong.  The guy has like four accounts (actual number rounded) -- it's likely he's shill bidding it to give it the illusion of motion.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/223610256254?item=223610256254&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

I agree I already had one friend contact me about it. I’m worried someone will think they’re getting the deal of the century and be the “winning” bidder of a piece of S#i+.

i agree most of the bids are coming from this thief and some of his friends.

ahh this burns me up but thanks for catching this one gang.

i caught a fraud 22x33 painting supposedly done by David Finch and Jim Lee for sale on the boards. While I was contacting David to back me up that it was a fake I saw a board member “I’ll take it” post and the item closed.

David let me know it was 100% fake. I warned the board member before he paid for it.The other board member selling was shocked it was a fake and I provided info to him also. He bought it on eBay. He’s trying to get PayPal to get the money back.

IMG_6A6D075E-CF5C-4CE6-A63B-4820F7426C86.thumb.jpeg.b1cf6163b41b7746e20e96c63234a6b1.jpeg

David said he didn’t paint anything this size in oil. timlin_1808 apparently passed this one off according to the selling board member.

Edited by grapeape

May the hounds of Hell Chase this Dirt bag back under the rock he cane from. We’re not saving lives on this board. I’d like to think we’re saving folks a few bucks though!

yeah board!!!

boo art thief fraud creeps

Also, prior to it being pulled,I wrote him an intentionally ambiguous e-mail to get more information from him.  After it was pulled he sent me this...

Sir,
Thanks so much for your intrest in our item"The Avengers page 14 of book 4 1954" this page is 100% authentic,this page was purchased from ebay in 2010 by my fahter he was a collector, and after his death i'm selling the collection.For some reasons ebay removed my listing so if you are intrested in buying this item pls do let me know your offer and we cand do this through ebay, Drawing comes with 100% refund gurantee.
Thanks!

so he’s still trying to pawn it off