• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice please
1 1

11 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Motor City Rob said:

Sorry...I'm a little slow.  What advice are you seeking?

I think he's wondering if the book has any signs of SCS (Shaken Comic Syndrome).

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Sometimes comics get "shaken"

So 9.8s arent 9.8s in the slab because they've been damaged.

Besides it sold last night anyways

My reluctance has failed me.:facepalm:

Well, sorry about that one, Hollywood. :(

I personally didn't see any evidence of SCS on that book, but it's tough to tell from a photo. One thing that usually helps keep the books from moving around in the holder is a "wedge", a small piece of plastic attached to the inner well to help keep the book stable. If you see a book with a wedge, it usually means there was some extra room in the well, and the encapsulation team decided the book needed a little more security. Of course, I've seen books that were treated so badly they still sustained damage, even with a wedge. So it's good you're looking closely at what you're buying. Don't sweat it...modern books are plentiful in high grade...

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I think he's wondering if the book has any signs of SCS (Shaken Comic Syndrome).

Well, sorry about that one, Hollywood. :(

I personally didn't see any evidence of SCS on that book, but it's tough to tell from a photo. One thing that usually helps keep the books from moving around in the holder is a "wedge", a small piece of plastic attached to the inner well to help keep the book stable. If you see a book with a wedge, it usually means there was some extra room in the well, and the encapsulation team decided the book needed a little more security. Of course, I've seen books that were treated so badly they still sustained damage, even with a wedge. So it's good you're looking closely at what you're buying. Don't sweat it...modern books are plentiful in high grade...

Thanks

My trigger finger isnt as itchy as it used to be,there is 2 books I've passed on recently that I thought were good deals.

Thanos 13 signature series ×2 Geoff shaw and donny cates and that one last night.

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Thanks

My trigger finger isnt as itchy as it used to be,there is 2 books I've passed on recently that I thought were good deals.

Thanos 13 signature series ×2 Geoff shaw and donny cates and that one last night.

Yes, patience will pay off in the long run. Good luck to you, Hollywood...