• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help...raw book from heritage came back purple label

19 posts in this topic

Hi a few a months back I bought a raw asm 14 that was advertised as a fn and was raw

It came back from cgc as 7.0 but with small amount of color touch.

I'm obviously pissed bc the book won't be worth what I spent. Has this happened to anyone? I do plan on calling heritage on monday.

Thx for the replies

What did heritage do to make it right. I'm debating asking them to pay to see if ccs can remove the restoration and go from there. I've heard sometimes removing a little color touch won't move the grade too much and I'd happily take this in 5.0 up

3 hours ago, Kingkongcraig said:

Thx for the replies

What did heritage do to make it right. I'm debating asking them to pay to see if ccs can remove the restoration and go from there. I've heard sometimes removing a little color touch won't move the grade too much and I'd happily take this in 5.0 up

As in any tangible investment, your in price is the key to your best next move. What did you pay for this in total? The book + buyer's fee (if any), etc. What's your total cost?

6 hours ago, Kingkongcraig said:

Thx for the replies

For me, they refunded my purchase price, all CGC fees, plus all shipping charges.  I sent them back the book and they auctioned it in the PLOD slab a few months later.

On 8/4/2019 at 1:41 PM, Kingkongcraig said:

Thx for the replies

Personally, I'd try to get my money back and then look around for a better copy. But whatever you do, good luck...  :wishluck:

On 8/4/2019 at 1:41 PM, Kingkongcraig said:

Thx for the replies

What happened in the end? From my experience, the most likely thing they will do is simply have you return the book for a full refund of all you paid so that they can sell it again with the proper description.

Heritage made it right for me with a Cap 48.  I had a similar situation but the book was trimmed.   People will make mistakes.  It is really about how they fix them. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, Kingkongcraig said:

Hi a few a months back I bought a raw asm 14 that was advertised as a fn and was raw

It came back from cgc as 7.0 but with small amount of color touch.

I'm obviously pissed bc the book won't be worth what I spent. Has this happened to anyone? I do plan on calling heritage on monday.

As a side issue, what was the cost? I ask because with what I've seen AS 14s going for as of late, you may have paid less for it raw as an "unrestored" book than what you can get for it as a CGC 7.0 graded restored book!

Always pays to think of the dollars and cents issues as well.

I've only bought one raw off heritage, and I think it ended up having an undisclosed detached cover which busted it wayyyyyyy down from advertised grade. I didn't feel like dealing with it so I just took the hit and never bought raw from them again... I guess my faith in humanity is low...

Edited by Callaway29
Grammar

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I've only bought one raw off heritage, and I think it ended up having a non-disclosed detached cover which busted it wayyyyyyy down from advertised grade. I didn't feel like dealing with it so I just took the hit and never bought raw from them again... I guess my faith in humanity is low...

That's Heritage. The biggest of the big, and 100% dedicated to customer service and satisfaction. You shouldn't feel any hesitation in buying with the complete confidence that if you're not totally happy with your purchase, that you have to grin and bear it. And they don't handle business that way because paypal is breathing down their neck. That's just the way they do business. It's how they became #1.

15 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

That's Heritage. The biggest of the big, and 100% dedicated to customer service and satisfaction. You shouldn't feel any hesitation in buying with the complete confidence that if you're not totally happy with your purchase, that you have to grin and bear it. And they don't handle business that way because paypal is breathing down their neck. That's just the way they do business. It's how they became #1.

I do really hate their practice of putting a lot of responsibility on the buyer's end to see if there is anything wrong with the comic. 

Sure, they accept returns for anything not disclosed, and thus are able to list more books by spending less time evaluating them properly. I am going to a downtown fed ex location today to send back 2 books that they didn't grade properly (due to not looking at the back or scanning the back), it's a hassle I don't need. 

And this hassle can make people, like callaway, choose do just do nothing about it. Plus, they ask for a premium for paypal transactions, providing further penalty/obstacles for buyers to use this extra guarantee of returned funds in their transaction. It's just a shady way of doing business overall. 

I have complained a couple of times about books that had undisclosed flaws that pushed them well below the grade I bought them at, complete with pictures. When I brought up that they were worth hundreds less than what I paid I was offered $20 in compensation since I am cross border so returns are really tough to make.

Good getting them to make it right. Hopefully you do better than I did.