• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is Werewolf by Night #32 so expensive?

74 posts in this topic

No amount of extreme fanboy explanations ;)  will ever justify the price for WWBN 32. He's not a character that's caught on in any meaningful way, and as pointed out he's been hyped for movie/tv adaptation for a long time now.  I doubt the recently announced tv show will have any significant impact on an already way overpriced and hyped book, but I DO hope the show is good and entertaining.  Not an expected addition to the Disney+ lineup, but I'll tune in and see what they do with the character. Can't wait for all of these shows. rawr!

9 minutes ago, speedcake said:

No amount of extreme fanboy explanations ;)  will ever justify the price for WWBN 32. He's not a character that's caught on in any meaningful way, and as pointed out he's been hyped for movie/tv adaptation for a long time now.  I doubt the recently announced tv show will have any significant impact on an already way overpriced and hyped book, but I DO hope the show is good and entertaining.  Not an expected addition to the Disney+ lineup, but I'll tune in and see what they do with the character. Can't wait for all of these shows. rawr!

Good I I don't want the price to go up I still want to upgrade my copy lol. One rational explanation on speculation and  high price may be a low print run. It was towards the tail end of WBN. I would love to know what the print number is.

Wouldn't be surprised if it does have a lowish print run compared to other bronze keys. It's just that speculation seems to have primarily been the driving factor in the price of the book. Sucks for actual fans as in high grades it is out of alot of budgets (and hard to find as you've pointed out).  Good luck finding your upgrade!  Maybe more will come out of the woodwork now after the show announcement.

13 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Kit is fine... but seriously they should make him Wolverine and use him to transition X men into the universe.

Think it might be awhile before we see mutants not named Deadpool. Marvel going to wait until everyone forgets that Fox ever made that last X-Men film. 

12 hours ago, speedcake said:

I doubt the recently announced tv show will have any significant impact on an already way overpriced and hyped book

Yes. I'm sure the market will react in a totally rational way to this announcement. No price appreciation at all with values already inflated. Because that's how the comic market is right now. Totally, totally rational. 

Kit Harrington would make me barf in my lap.

I've heard Keanu Reeves is speculated to have an unconfirmed role for Marvel.... I could live with that.

I like Keanu but worry he doesn't have the range to pull this off.

Honestly whoever is announced I probably won't like at first.

14 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Good I I don't want the price to go up I still want to upgrade my copy lol. One rational explanation on speculation and  high price may be a low print run. It was towards the tail end of WBN. I would love to know what the print number is.

The print was huge by today's standards, but most probably got returned from the newsstand. Did the copies get pulled or saved?

4 hours ago, october said:

Yes. I'm sure the market will react in a totally rational way to this announcement. No price appreciation at all with values already inflated. Because that's how the comic market is right now. Totally, totally rational. 

Exactly... I wonder how the book will hold up once the series is canceled after 1 or 2 seasons like Daredevil, Punisher, Hero for Hire, Iron Fist.  This hobby has lost perspective.  Moon Knight is lame and to all the supporters I direct you to any of the shows mentioned as evidence.  The character isn't as well known as those others and they fared just great.

4 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Exactly... I wonder how the book will hold up once the series is canceled after 1 or 2 seasons like Daredevil, Punisher, Hero for Hire, Iron Fist.  This hobby has lost perspective.  Moon Knight is lame and to all the supporters I direct you to any of the shows mentioned as evidence.  The character isn't as well known as those others and they fared just great.

The big difference here is that the Marvel Netflix shows didn't have Kevin Feige and the Disney Studios machine behind them.

11 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Ironically those were mostly cancelled because of Disney+, and from what I understand they have some agreement to wait a couple years before they can begin development for those characters to integrate into the MCU/Disney+. Add to that, that those shows didn’t have the full Disney machine behind them, I don’t think this is a valid reason to doubt Moon Knight. My bigger concern would be this character has never been one people tend to care about long in comic form - how many Moon Knight books launched and cancelled shortly thereafter? It has a cult following, but does it have mass appeal? It didn’t for pretty much ever amongst comic book readers, so we will see how it does on screen. That said the MCU made us all care about GotG too. (shrug)

5 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Wasn't Inhumans done by Disney via ABC

Inhumans was done by the Marvel TV division, which broke into a separate entity from Kevin Feige and the movie studio division. Here's one of the many news stories about it: https://cosmicbook.news/content/kevin-feiges-battle-against-ike-perlmutter-came-head-during-captain-america-civil-war

Edited by Illustrious