• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Books and Original Art Stolen (Connecticut). Reward Offered

6 posts in this topic

Long time collector Joe Latino had over $200,000 of comics and two pieces of original art stolen from his supposedly “secure” storage facility sometime in the last 10 weeks. The theft has been reported to the police in the Bridgeport/New Haven area. He has also been contacting local Connecticut and NYC dealers, but it would be difficult to contact/find all of them. My hope is that someone on the board can give Joe a tip to break the case.

The artwork stolen was the Marie Severin Strange Tales 154 cover and a Charles Flanders Lone Ranger drawing originally done for George Roussos in his famous book of sketches. Joe is offering a “no questions asked” $5000 reward for the return of the original art. Joe can be contacted at SBL40@aol.com.

Along with the $5000 reward for the successful recovery of the original art (no questions asked), there is a separate $5000 reward for the recovery of the stolen comics (no questions asked) and/or apprehension of the thief/thieves. The list of stolen comics is posted on some of the CGC comics boards. Thanks for your attention and any help you may be able to provide.

Mike

Strang Tales 154 Dr Strange Original Cover Art Sized.jpg

Lone Ranger Russos Notebook original art Sized.jpg

10 hours ago, mxs7 said:

Long time collector Joe Latino had over $200,000 of comics and two pieces of original art stolen from his supposedly “secure” storage facility sometime in the last 10 weeks. The theft has been reported to the police in the Bridgeport/New Haven area. He has also been contacting local Connecticut and NYC dealers, but it would be difficult to contact/find all of them. My hope is that someone on the board can give Joe a tip to break the case.

The artwork stolen was the Marie Severin Strange Tales 154 cover and a Charles Flanders Lone Ranger drawing originally done for George Roussos in his famous book of sketches. Joe is offering a “no questions asked” $5000 reward for the return of the original art. Joe can be contacted at SBL40@aol.com.

Along with the $5000 reward for the successful recovery of the original art (no questions asked), there is a separate $5000 reward for the recovery of the stolen comics (no questions asked) and/or apprehension of the thief/thieves. The list of stolen comics is posted on some of the CGC comics boards. Thanks for your attention and any help you may be able to provide.

Mike

Strang Tales 154 Dr Strange Original Cover Art Sized.jpg

Lone Ranger Russos Notebook original art Sized.jpg

Is there any recent good news on this? My heart goes out to Joe.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:44 PM, mxs7 said:

I can't go into detail at this time, but I am thrilled to report the Strange Tales 154 cover has been recovered. It appears all of the comic books have been recovered as well, although it will take some time to get a full accounting due to various circumstances. The Lone Ranger piece is still missing, but outside of that, the news is about as good as could be hoped for.

Mike

Oh Mike I’m so happy for you. What an ordeal.

Cheers