• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage vs Comic Link vs Comic Connect
3 3

134 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Drummy said:

I think in that circumstance the BIN of $9500 should get you the book.  You can still 'offer' $6k or more if you want below, but a 'Buy Now' sounds like a done deal.

I thought so. I will call them tomorrow, not the end of the world but this was the email I got. I wonder if that means someone else did the buy now and I am holding a back up offer.

Heritage offer.jpg

6 hours ago, PKJ said:

I thought so. I will call them tomorrow, not the end of the world but this was the email I got. I wonder if that means someone else did the buy now and I am holding a back up offer.

Heritage offer.jpg

No, it just means that it takes the cooperation of the owner because it's not sitting in Heritage's hands. 

I don't know what steps Heritage can take if an owner lists a book using the BIN function and then doesn't follow through when the button is pushed.  

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

No, it just means that it takes the cooperation of the owner because it's not sitting in Heritage's hands. 

I don't know what steps Heritage can take if an owner lists a book using the BIN function and then doesn't follow through when the button is pushed.  

My understanding if you don't follow through with a bin you get a visit from this guy who helps you reconsider.

Danny.jpg

30 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

My understanding if you don't follow through with a bin you get a visit from this guy who helps you reconsider.

Danny.jpg

Works for me! My luck would be another book comes up and I pass thinking this one is done.

23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Unless you have specifically reqested to opt out of the Make Offer to Owner feature, all winning bids will have this automatically set to show an offer of 30% above the winning bid price.  It is then up to the winner to turn down any bids that might be received.  (thumbsu

Not sure why you did not hear back from HA on your offers, but I guarantee you 100% that you will hear back instantly from them if you had made an offer similar to this one here that was instantly accepted within days of the auction ending:  :gossip:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/all-star-comics-3-billy-wright-pedigree-dc-1940-cgc-vf-85-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7054-91043.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, All Star Comics #3 Billy Wright pedigree (DC, 1940) CGC VF+ 8.5 Off-white to white pages....

Book won by bidder for $49,293.75 and then resold a week later for $200,000 through the Make Offer to Owner feature.  :whatthe:

:takeit: , the money that is.  :whee:  :banana:

So, I guess if you really want a book, you will simply have to up your offer to something that the winner cannot refuse.  lol

Wasn't this part of a big embezzlement scheme? Some VP of finance hiding company money in big comics by buying them at auction for ridiculous prices, then hiding them in a storage locker? 

I read the story years ago, but he got arrested for doing it in NY on a smaller scale, then moved to Texas and started going big. 

17 hours ago, PKJ said:

Wow thanks Lou. I am not that aggressive but see the example below. This is similar to what I was describing. Does 9500 buy it? I did the buy it on another book and did not hear back.

HA example.png

Well, it would appear that the Heritage fer which you posted is in the BIN (i.e. Buy It Now) format which is something that is proactively initiated by the winner/buyer based upon a Offer price which he himself has set.  (thumbsu

Completely different from the Make Offer to Owner feature which is something that is automatically initiated by Heritage, and in virtually all cases, without the winner/buyer even aware of it, as per my previous post above:

On 1/9/2021 at 8:10 PM, lou_fine said:

Unless you have specifically reqested to opt out of the Make Offer to Owner feature, all winning bids will have this automatically set to show an offer of 30% above the winning bid price.  It is then up to the winner to turn down any bids that might be received.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Wasn't this part of a big embezzlement scheme? Some VP of finance hiding company money in big comics by buying them at auction for ridiculous prices, then hiding them in a storage locker? 

I read the story years ago, but he got arrested for doing it in NY on a smaller scale, then moved to Texas and started going big. 

Yes indeed, as this was the big Anthony Chiofalo and Tandano Corporation embezzlement case:

https://www.theverge.com/2015/7/22/8870089/texas-comic-book-heist-anthony-chiofalo-tadano

Unfortunately for the Tandano Corporation, they were never ever able to recoup anywhere close to the $200K paid for this copy of All-Star 3, as it sold for only $72K in a subseqquent HA in 2019 conducted on behalf of the Tandano Corporation.  Needless to say, they must have lost big time on all of the books which this embezzler brought for ridiculous money and which Tandano had to put back out into the marketplace.  (tsk)  :tonofbricks:  :censored:

Well I got an email from Heritage this Morning. Probably will not attempt the buy it now feature in the future with some understanding now of how it works.

HA stated the seller rejected my offer(was the buy it now amount of 8k) and did not want to counter etc. Now the same item has a buy it now amount of $9242. With sales tax at 8K it was over market already, at 10K it is definitely not a smart buy for me at least, considering the scan is boosted as well.

You can see it listed in this screen shot, X-Men 1 3.5, even still has the buy now amount of 8K before you click into it.

image.thumb.png.008ea84723f98e25c7b246e80e9172ed.png

Got an email from HA this morning, proves I am not going crazy just yet. Per @batman_fan   HA may be sending Danny to his house today. I don't expect him to honor the original buy price but appreciate that they responded letting me know the process was not being honored correctly by the seller. 

HA email.jpg

22 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Got an email from HA this morning, proves I am not going crazy just yet. Per @batman_fan   HA may be sending Danny to his house today. I don't expect him to honor the original buy price but appreciate that they responded letting me know the process was not being honored correctly by the seller. 

HA email.jpg

My laugh was for the Danny comment.

I think heritages make an offer needs some work. 

4 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Is anyone getting their HA auction wins from Mid-December?  I paid with electronic payment for the book on 12/22, have not seen it yet. Sent an email on 1/13 and asked for tracking information, got a robo email back saying basically be patient.

Anyone in this boat? 

Yes.  I have already received a book that I won from them more recently.

The good news is, just today I got an alert that my December win is being shipped.  Hopefully you will too.

9 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

If I wanted to buy a book using Heritage's Buy Now system, do I still have to pay the 20% buyer's premium?

Here's a book that illustrates what I'm talking about:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/challengers-of-the-unknown-1-dc-1958-cgc-vg-45-off-white-pages/i/800095002.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

I don't believe so, no.

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

amazing results today on SA books in todays auction...wow

Some truly shocking results. Seems like everything is going crazy, keys & non-keys alike (those Alfred Pennyworth from the mid late SA as examples).

Even some of the BA books (which I honestly don't follow) went for mega-multiples of guide even though they were 1/XX in grade.

Looks like our little hobby is as healthy as ever.

-bc 

44 minutes ago, bc said:

Some truly shocking results. Seems like everything is going crazy, keys & non-keys alike (those Alfred Pennyworth from the mid late SA as examples).

Even some of the BA books (which I honestly don't follow) went for mega-multiples of guide even though they were 1/XX in grade.

Looks like our little hobby is as healthy as ever.

-bc 

I hung around and watched after , Pokemon box of cards for over 400K????? There is a ton of money moving through all collectibles right now. 

1 minute ago, PKJ said:

I hung around and watched after , Pokemon box of cards for over 400K????? There is a ton of money moving through all collectibles right now. 

I watched the first couple of those and was both amazed and confused at the prices they went for.

Couldn't agree more about the amount of money surging thru collectibles, but I have to remind myself that HA pulls a world-wide audience.

-bc

On 1/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Yes.  I have already received a book that I won from them more recently.

The good news is, just today I got an alert that my December win is being shipped.  Hopefully you will too.

Just got response to another "when is my book shipping" from HA saying its going to be 2-4 weeks...paid for it on 12/22/20.  HA is a joke at this point.