• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage vs Comic Link vs Comic Connect
3 3

134 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

Just got response to another "when is my book shipping" from HA saying its going to be 2-4 weeks...paid for it on 12/22/20.  HA is a joke at this point.

Just an update for anyone in this boat of paying for a book a month ago and not getting anything.  I called my bank that issued the E-check and told them what was going on, and they said they could initiate a "clawback" action to recover the funds due to the electronic transfer nature of the funds (instead doing an electronic "E-Payment through the bank and the bank issuing a paper check), so I said let me take one last shot with HA first.  I let HA know about what my plan was on Thursday of last week and I just got the book today via fed ex, about 50 minutes ago. Good result, just alot of :spoon: to go through to get them to do their job.

So here she is, 1 of 6 9.8, worth the wait so far:

Vampire Tales 3 December 22, 2020 512.00.jpg

58 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Just an update for anyone in this boat of paying for a book a month ago and not getting anything.  I called my bank that issued the E-check and told them what was going on, and they said they could initiate a "clawback" action to recover the funds due to the electronic transfer nature of the funds (instead doing an electronic "E-Payment through the bank and the bank issuing a paper check), so I said let me take one last shot with HA first.  I let HA know about what my plan was on Thursday of last week and I just got the book today via fed ex, about 50 minutes ago. Good result, just alot of :spoon: to go through to get them to do their job.

So here she is, 1 of 6 9.8, worth the wait so far:

Vampire Tales 3 December 22, 2020 512.00.jpg

Great book.

I realize you're disappointed in HA, and I'm not telling you not to be ... but I'll just say that generally their shipping turnaround is significantly faster than CC or CL.  For those two sites, a one-month turnaround is typically the best-case scenario, whereas with HA I would say that until recently I've always received my books in under two weeks.

Just my two cents, I don't have any stake in talking up HA or anything.

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Great book.

I realize you're disappointed in HA, and I'm not telling you not to be ... but I'll just say that generally their shipping turnaround is significantly faster than CC or CL.  For those two sites, a one-month turnaround is typically the best-case scenario, whereas with HA I would say that until recently I've always received my books in under two weeks.

And I appreciate that, I really do, and I understand Covid, the holidays and everything else, I just was tired of getting boilerplate responses from them, and its a shame that I have to call my bank and waste my and their time with it.  I do seem to have better turnaround with CL, but the absolute best is MCS, I paid for an order last week and they accepted it and shipped it the same day.

1 hour ago, bluehorseshoe said:

And I appreciate that, I really do, and I understand Covid, the holidays and everything else, I just was tired of getting boilerplate responses from them, and its a shame that I have to call my bank and waste my and their time with it.  I do seem to have better turnaround with CL, but the absolute best is MCS, I paid for an order last week and they accepted it and shipped it the same day.

Yes.  I don't think of MCS as bring in *quite* the same business as the three big auction houses, but I would say overall their customer experience is a cut above.

20 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Yes.  I don't think of MCS as bring in *quite* the same business as the three big auction houses, but I would say overall their customer experience is a cut above.

Absolutely agree, but in the end, a slab is a slab, shipping literally same day vs. a month later after threatening them, just seems like a fixable problem, but it is what it is.  And I am not under any impression the book they delivered is the king of all comic books, but it was just disappointing all the way around, again, because of the BS responses I got from them.  But, we all move on.  I appreciate your comments and insight! 

I've only ever sold on Clink ... 30 days later you have a check, like clockwork. I may be trying Heritage since I know Rick ... will report my experience at that time... but I've heard good things. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... I've bought from all four and each is dependable. 

10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I've only ever sold on Clink ... 30 days later you have a check, like clockwork. I may be trying Heritage since I know Rick ... will report my experience at that time... but I've heard good things. GOD BLESS...

Agreed.  Clink is incredible to work with, and although I have not sold on ComicConnect, they have been beyond reasonable and accommodating in every way possible to a buyer.   I am a huge fan of both.   As far as HA, I have not been a fan at all for various reasons, however, because of Rick's presence, I would reconsider for sure.  Rick has always been one of the very best to work with.  

Edited by Norrin's lawyer

Just a little thing. I got back a cgc book from Heritage yesterday. Packed well in the box but some genius wrapped the bagged slab with brown packing tape. 2 rows up/down and 3 rows sideways. No reason for that at all. It was so tight I didn't know where to start to remove it. When I did get it off, the back of the case was cracked ( I didn't crack it) which means they probably cracked it when they wrapped it so tight.They must have pressed down so hard they busted it. Once it is wrapped in bubble wrap there is no reason to tape up the case under it.  80.00 now to get it reslabbed (20 for the holder, 45.00 shipping usps, 15.00 to ship). Thanks heritage!

Edited by Professor Chaos

On 8/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, shadroch said:

Bob Storms has gotten me better prices than CL or Metropolis.

100 percent the way i would go. Heritage is definitely shilled, Heritage Auction times are goofy! they must miss 1000's of bids with their day time auction endings, Even with their notification system, people are working at those times!  All 3  hassle you instantly for payments and take their sweet time shipping books. Half the books you see set high prices, are back for sale within weeks. Heritage fees are also stupid.

Edited by paul747

On 1/26/2021 at 1:48 PM, jimjum12 said:

+1 on Rick. Also considering using heritage knowing his involvement. 

Personally I like Heritage more than the others. While there is a buyer's premium tacked on, I have been able to get amazing deals on books for the years I have been purchasing from them. Maybe the BP is scaring some people away 😂 Secondly, I find it easy to follow their auctions on the website and the tracking works well for me.

However, I have not sold or consigned with anyone yet, mostly through eBay although those fees are getting pretty annoying lately. Luckily none of the high end books I have sold have been through there, mostly IG or private transactions. But Rick is well known and I would have confidence that if I died tomorrow that my wife would be treated well by them for my collection.

48 minutes ago, Drkegg said:

Personally I like Heritage more than the others. While there is a buyer's premium tacked on, I have been able to get amazing deals on books for the years I have been purchasing from them. Maybe the BP is scaring some people away 😂 Secondly, I find it easy to follow their auctions on the website and the tracking works well for me.

However, I have not sold or consigned with anyone yet, mostly through eBay although those fees are getting pretty annoying lately. Luckily none of the high end books I have sold have been through there, mostly IG or private transactions. But Rick is well known and I would have confidence that if I died tomorrow that my wife would be treated well by them for my collection.

HA website is the best, in the end it might work out the same but I agree

On 1/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Great book.

If you're a legacy member at HA things ship faster.  Typically within a week of payment.  Usually a few days. 

My Clink books have shipped within one day of receiving payment within the past 6 months. They've done an absolutely awesome job of improving their shipping.  

Comicconnect still has the greatest lag.  Results are all over the place.