• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay scam? user us-sal-011 aka Shop Airlines America in Redondo Beach CA

24 posts in this topic

Shop Airlines is an intermediary that circumvent rules as a seller you set in place regarding whether you will sell overseas or not.

They leave feedback as soon as they have opened and inspected the good you send them. They then ship on the item.

The issues occur if the person in Japan, China or elsewhere them refute, dispute or make a claim. 

At this point you have no way to retrieve your goods and ebay has a preexisting relationship with Shop airlines so will side with them every time.

Sometimes a claim will occur 3 months later after you have shipped the goods. 

They have multiple accounts and I have blocked about 50 so far.

Many people do ship without issues, but when issue do arise you are pretty mu8ch out whatever the cost of the good are.

As I ship high end sometimes I do not do business with this company. If they manage to get an order through when I see it is Shop Airlines I cancel the order.

If you are prepared to accept additional risk then do so, I am not prepared to accept the extra risk.

I just shipped two vintage dolls to this buyer, who presently has an eBay handle of smallfamiliar2728. (Note that eBayers are allowed to change it every month so let me add that these dolls were shipped to ShopAirlines on Santa Fe Ave. in Redondo Beach.) This outfit ships the items it purchases to customers in Japan. Maybe at a markup. Anyway, I received an eBay message that the buyer opened package to find one of the two dolls' eye fell out. Next step: would I like to offer the buyer a discount or have the buyer return their purchase for a full refund plus pay for the shipping from CA back to RI ($13). I was incensed since the way I packaged the dolls there was little chance an eye could've come loose. (And of course an eye is easy to glue back in place after sending me photos of missing eye, right?) No chance was I extending a discount offer to a probable dishonest customer so I ate the shipping. Dolls came back w one doll eye in a baggie. I was mad at myself for even doing biz w ShopAirlines bc my first instinct (and as a longtime eBay seller of a couple things or so every month) was not to. Why? Not so much the exacting shipping instructions from the buyer that others described but the fact that they'd over 60K reviews and not one was negative or neutral. Really?? Something fishy in state of Denmark. I advise NOT selling/shipping anything of great value to ShopAirlines of Redondo Beach, CA. I didn't trust them from the get-go, and have now also blocked them. (And gave eBay a piece of mind for still allowing this company to buy on eBay given the complaints on the web about ShopAirlines -- complaints that go back to 2010!) 

A common scam for international sales on eBay. Happened to me and I was out 900 dollars and the items because I refused to paypal the known scammer what he requested in return shipping, which was predictably outrageous. This was through the Global Shipping Program. Honestly you are lucky you even got the dolls back and not a brick.