• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which GA books are you waiting on (to get back from CGC grading)?

50 posts in this topic

Some of my golden age goodies are our right now: The Thing #15, Amazing Mysteries #32, Crime Mysteries #15, Seven Seas #3, and Worlds of Fear #3  
I have no clue when those will be coming back, so one day i'll get a nice surprise out of the blue.

I also have a low/mid grade Iron Fist #14 out as well but with another grading company to test them out with my own experiment (as they have a Canadian distribution drop of point near me, so figured why not since i don't have to pay to ship to them)

Bout 30 books...15 of them late run Rangers Comics in mid to high grade even though most aren't "worth" slabbing...because its what I do.  The other 15 are random cheap GA finds that are undercopies of current books I have that I intend to flip...because its what I do.

1 hour ago, szav said:

even though most aren't "worth" slabbing...because its what I do

You and me both, Scott.  I have 30 books in now and getting another 30 ready.  Like you, most people would slab them - many are esoteric books that few care about and few are graded.  For instance, this next sub will have four UK books from the 50s - stupid stuff like that.

Here is a submission been sitting at graded/QC for over a week now! Some cool GA in there that I will be keeping.

Archie's Girls, Betty and Veronica Annual 8 1960 Archie Publications
Universal

Avengers 8 9/64 Marvel Comics
Universal

X-Men 94 8/75 Marvel Comics
Modern

Iron Man 55 2/73 Marvel Comics
Universal

Archie Comics 12 1-2/45 MLJ Magazines
Universal

Pep Comics 71 1/49 Archie Publications
Universal

Planet Comics 69 Winter 1953 Fiction House
Universal

Planet Comics 73 Winter 1953 Fiction House
Universal

Planet Comics 68 1952 Fiction House
Universal

Thor 165 6/69 Marvel Comics
Universal

1 hour ago, Bird said:
Iron Man 55 2/73 Marvel Comics
Universal

Some time ago, I subbed some of my books I bought off the stands.  One was IM 55 and another IF 14.  I was such a geek even back then - I would always read them so carefully but those turned out okay.  The IF came back as a 9.4 and the IM as an 8.5.  I did have them pressed first - I was happy having a couple of decent survivors from my early days.  I've mentioned before I still have the first book I bought (Defenders #2).  I actually have thought about getting it slabbed.  It is well read and well loved so it would come back maybe at best a 2.0 - I know dumb for even thinking about it :p

1 hour ago, telerites said:

You and me both, Scott.  I have 30 books in now and getting another 30 ready.  Like you, most people would slab them - many are esoteric books that few care about and few are graded.  For instance, this next sub will have four UK books from the 50s - stupid stuff like that.

9 minutes ago, telerites said:

Some time ago, I subbed some of my books I bought off the stands.  One was IM 55 and another IF 14.  I was such a geek even back then - I would always read them so carefully but those turned out okay.  The IF came back as a 9.4 and the IM as an 8.5.  I did have them pressed first - I was happy having a couple of decent survivors from my early days.  I've mentioned before I still have the first book I bought (Defenders #2).  I actually have thought about getting it slabbed.  It is well read and well loved so it would come back maybe at best a 2.0 - I know dumb for even thinking about it :p

Do it!  It's not like you are slabbing them for sales anyway.  Then you can make your own sticker like Cat and that one will be special.

Edited by thunsicker

9 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Do it!  It's not like you are slabbing them for sales anyway.  Then you can make your own sticker like Cat and that one will be special.

lol  Thanks, Tim.  Cat's books are uber HQ.  I guess I could mine the junky collection which is like most of my collection.  Maybe I will throw it in.  Some time ago I bought a 9.8 of the book - just to have a decent copy of the book that got me started.  

2 hours ago, telerites said:

stupid stuff like that.

Glad I'm not the only one, and I appear to be in good company...highlights for my next batch to be submitted are a bunch of high grade Harvey romance where the slabbing and associated shipping costs will be higher than the cost of the books...

21 hours ago, szav said:
23 hours ago, telerites said:

stupid stuff like that.

Glad I'm not the only one, and I appear to be in good company...highlights for my next batch to be submitted are a bunch of high grade Harvey romance where the slabbing and associated shipping costs will be higher than the cost of the books...

For me it's my Real Life Comics and It Really Happened.  And not Real Life #3.  I'm talking about cheap ones in the run.  But they ARE Schomburg covers.

well, grades just came in

ugh!

why is it that the 5 books I had the most interest in are the lowest 5 of the 10?

Archie Comics 12 1-2/45 MLJ Magazines
Universal
4.5 CREAM TO OFF-WHITE

Pep Comics 71 1/49 Archie Publications
Universal
4.5 CREAM TO OFF-WHITE

Planet Comics 69 Winter 1953 Fiction House
Universal
3.0 CREAM TO OFF-WHITE

Planet Comics 73 Winter 1953 Fiction House
Universal
1.5 BRITTLE