• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Animated Movies

35 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have a ton of DC Animated movies on my PC that a mutual friend put on there in December. I'm looking for some opinions on:

1. Overall greatness.
  2. Faithfulness to source material.
  3. Marvel movies worth getting and watching.

Let me have 'em!

What is your criteria?

Like old school animation like Lion King and Aladdin or would Pixar stuff count like Toy Story?

CC

10 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Batman Mask of the Phantasm

Batman : Sub Zero.

Love these two movies. But the latter is my favorite of the two. Michael Ansara's Mr. Freeze is so emotional and sympathetic how he is portrayed as a devastated husband.

Judas Contract is definitely on my drive. I started watching All-Star Superman yesterday, and inexplicably, my streaming went dead after Lois downed her birthday present. I got pissed and went to bed. lol

My USB drive isn't formatted correctly to directly plug into my PS4. :(

It's one of the newest, but I really enjoyed Batman vs TMNT.  It doesn't follow the Batman/TMNT crossover from the comics, but it's well-animated and a lot of fun.  If you're a casual fan of TMNT, you'll probably like it.  I tell people to avoid it if they outright just don't like/get TMNT. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Has anyone watched Batman vs. TMNT ? I'm expecting it to be awesome, but haven't had a chance to catch it yet.

What are the odds?  lol

29 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't, but I may get into them at some point down the road.

Don't let that drive take too long. I would put Young Justice against most of the solid DCAU films we have experienced. It is that good.

Though so was Justice League Unlimited. Some great story-telling there.

DKR was pretty good.  Didn't particularly care for KJ.  New Frontier was good.  

Those are the only "standard" animation movies I remember seeing in the past few years.  All the best ones are computer animated stuff (Spiderverse, Lego, Lego Batman).