• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would your encapsulate "Kraven's Last Hunt?"
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Hello!

First off:  I'm not really a collector.  I love Spider-Man and have nice high-grade issues of a couple of my favorite comics (33, 39, and 50).  I have them encapsulated mostly so that I can display them and one day give them to my kids in hopes they are of either monetary or sentimental value for them.

That beings said, I have a full set of "Kraven's Last Hunt" that are only bagged and boarded.  They are all in really good shape.  I would say at least a 9.2 each.  And all non-newsstand editions.  

I'm wondering if it is worth encapsulating this set?  This would be purely for financial purposes of selling one day to get the Silver Age Spidey books I really like :)    I bought the full set in hopes of them going up in value if they ever do a cinematic version of "Last Hunt," which I imagine one day will happen.

Thoughts?

IMG_3298.jpg

22 minutes ago, XxSpideyxX said:

And all non-newsstand editions.  

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If that is the pic of "Kraven's last Hunt", then those books are not newsstand editions..... GLWS!

:facepalm:

Edited by Bird

39 minutes ago, XxSpideyxX said:

Hello!

First off:  I'm not really a collector.  I love Spider-Man and have nice high-grade issues of a couple of my favorite comics (33, 39, and 50).  I have them encapsulated mostly so that I can display them and one day give them to my kids in hopes they are of either monetary or sentimental value for them.

That beings said, I have a full set of "Kraven's Last Hunt" that are only bagged and boarded.  They are all in really good shape.  I would say at least a 9.2 each.  And all non-newsstand editions.  

I'm wondering if it is worth encapsulating this set?  This would be purely for financial purposes of selling one day to get the Silver Age Spidey books I really like :)    I bought the full set in hopes of them going up in value if they ever do a cinematic version of "Last Hunt," which I imagine one day will happen.

Thoughts?

IMG_3298.jpg

Personally, slab whatever you want.  There isn't a right or wrong answer, your opinion is all that matters.  If I had the resources to slab all those books, right now, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Sage, I appreciate your reply :)  I should have specified...being they are all (I think) high grade, would the investment serve me better to slab them rather than leave them bagged/boarded.  I won't necessarily display them like I do my other key issues, so for me it would purely be a monetary gamble.  But if having them slabbed improves my changes of having a better sale when the time comes, I may go ahead and do it :)

33 minutes ago, XxSpideyxX said:

Sage, I appreciate your reply :)  I should have specified...being they are all (I think) high grade, would the investment serve me better to slab them rather than leave them bagged/boarded.  I won't necessarily display them like I do my other key issues, so for me it would purely be a monetary gamble.  But if having them slabbed improves my changes of having a better sale when the time comes, I may go ahead and do it :)

It depends solely on the grade. The difference between 9.4 and 9.8 takes a keen eye to observe and the price difference between a slabbed 9.4 and a slabbed 9.8 is HUGE. I would not even think about slabbing books like these without either getting better at grading or pre-screening for a grade that will insure profitability.

Check eBay or GPA and see what the graded version sold for in the past, that will give you an idea of their financial worth. Also take into account the cost to press and grade these.

There is always the possibility that Karven might show up in a movie or something causing a price spike.

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

It depends solely on the grade. The difference between 9.4 and 9.8 takes a keen eye to observe and the price difference between a slabbed 9.4 and a slabbed 9.8 is HUGE. I would not even think about slabbing books like these without either getting better at grading or pre-screening for a grade that will insure profitability.

This. :sumo:

On 8/6/2019 at 1:22 PM, XxSpideyxX said:

I wouldn't slab them just yet. If anything, I would put them in a top loader to protect them better.  The Last Hunt story most likely will not be apart of the movie for his stand alone solo film. Unless they replace Spider-Man with another character. :boo:

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, Avi said:

Check eBay or GPA and see what the graded version sold for in the past, that will give you an idea of their financial worth. Also take into account the cost to press and grade these.

There is always the possibility that Karven might show up in a movie or something causing a price spike.

Everyone has different financial and collection preferences.  I'd look up the potentially realizeable prices yourself  for your estimated grades and do your own math to see if it works out.  Good luck.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, XxSpideyxX said:

Hello!

Thoughts?

IMG_3298.jpg

Understanding that every modern-day huckster slithers in through the Modern section only to disappear soon after, I'll just answer and your question instead of telling you to post it in the correct section or embedding "Posting and You" for the 100th time.

No.

Edited by awakeintheashes

3 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Understanding that every modern-day huckster slithers in through the Modern section only to disappear soon after, I'll just answer and your question instead of telling you to post it in the correct section or embedding "Posting and You" for the 100th time.

No.

Don't really understand your answer other than the final word, but thanks!