• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FanExpo Boston OA Meet Up
1 1

7 posts in this topic

No original art dealers at the con this year! Bummer. But Simon Bisley is a force of nature. If anyone wants to chat today grab me - I’ll be wearing a Torment #1 shirt, because there should at least be some McFarlane at the show today! 

Also, Azarello and Bermejo are charging a BOMB to sign Damned. It’s almost like they don’t want to. Does anybody know why the prices are so high? Azzarello is really nice and I’ve met him a couple years in Boston. Usually signs for free, and I don’t even mind paying $5, but he asked $15 a book and I don’t even grade or anything. Bermejo wants $20/book for Damned, even if you’re not CGC etc. 

4 hours ago, dichotomy said:

No original art dealers at the con this year! Bummer.

I haven't been to a Boston con since it was Jim and Tony's (before it sold to corporate folks in 2013 or 14?), but wow...sounds like the new dudes have ruined it.

3 hours ago, dichotomy said:

Also, Azarello and Bermejo are charging a BOMB to sign Damned. It’s almost like they don’t want to.

I'm not a signature guy, but ha ha...all turned around this is, these guys should always remember that if everybody waits for the trades...there will be no floppies to sign! Obviously this is a move to take a piece of the flipper pie, but playing that game, imo, is always akin to possibly killing the ol' golden goose.

10 hours ago, dichotomy said:

No original art dealers at the con this year! Bummer. 

For real?  How can a big con NOT have an art dealer, or two?! 

5 hours ago, vodou said:

I haven't been to a Boston con since it was Jim and Tony's (before it sold to corporate folks in 2013 or 14?), but wow...sounds like the new dudes have ruined it.

I have heard something like this. I have been going since it was at the Back Bay center.  Don't think I will be going again.