• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What we need right now
3 3

119 posts in this topic

In my opinion, is a massive, unadulterated, 30-40 page sales thread from @Stevemmg

A select few on these boards have discovered the sweet, sweet horde of material that guy has squirreled away!  Steve, if you’re listening, release your 6th, 7th, and 8th undercopies.  I think you’ll be rewarded mightily by the mag collectors of these boards!

8 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I think Oakman should cut loose with his gems. Never seen him sell anything.:baiting:

What’s the matter Oakman, to damn rich to sell anything???:flipbait:

This is an excellent point!  That guy NEVER sells!  He’s like that Aragones drawing on the Gaines File certificates, desperately clutching to the books in his vault.  Let’s go, Dave!!  We know you’ve got a big stash. 

Of undercopies, of course.  Undercopies...

1 hour ago, Stevemmg said:

Hmmm. I may muster up a thread in a few weeks. If there are requests, I’ll try to oblige.

Of course, you know I’ve got something special set aside for you @Randall Dowling (thumbsu

???

80A3C3DB-12E2-48E5-966E-875C450C7BB7.jpeg.77db69baadd9cb4a6dda07276bf1e746.jpeg

Giving Randall one of your 15 copies of this...:nyah:

17 hours ago, N e r V said:

He just had a sales thread.

2 more months and maybe :wishluck: we get a Bounty Coder thread.

I think Oakman should cut loose with his gems. Never seen him sell anything.:baiting:

What’s the matter Oakman, to damn rich to sell anything???:flipbait:

Bwwwwaaaahahahaha! 

Not letting go of nuttin. :baiting:

I have two Vampi #1s at CGC right now courtesy of @Stevemmg 

The highest graded is staying with me in my permanent collection.

The lower graded of the two I plan on liquidating just prior to the  @bounty_coder October extravangza so that I can enter the fray with at least a respectable amount of ammunition!

2 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

The lower graded of the two I plan on liquidating just prior to the  @bounty_coder October extravangza so that I can enter the fray with at least a respectable amount of ammunition!

I almost pulled the trigger in Steve's thread. You should do well given the prices we have been seeing lately. 

On 8/6/2019 at 7:02 PM, Randall Dowling said:

This is an excellent point!  That guy NEVER sells!  He’s like that Aragones drawing on the Gaines File certificates, desperately clutching to the books in his vault.  Let’s go, Dave!!  We know you’ve got a big stash. 

Of undercopies, of course.  Undercopies...

:roflmao:

What I really need is to get out of this non buying mode , and into a buying mode.

I'm getting itchy for more horror awesomeness. 

On 8/10/2019 at 7:17 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

I’ll be curious to see how the grades compare to mine. I just sold my sixth copy of Vampirella #1. Two copies left that aren’t locked into my collection. With all the nutty prices lately, may turn them into CGC at the show in two weeks. Amazed to see fine range copies selling at the $5-600 range. Not sure if it’s the 50th hype or the new normal. 

8 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

I’ll be curious to see how the grades compare to mine. I just sold my sixth copy of Vampirella #1. Two copies left that aren’t locked into my collection. With all the nutty prices lately, may turn them into CGC at the show in two weeks. Amazed to see fine range copies selling at the $5-600 range. Not sure if it’s the 50th hype or the new normal. 

Just look at the last one I posted in the record magazine thread. A complete rag for $175. I think it's the new normal. I really should sell the two I had graded a while back. Nothing high grade, but with current prices that could fund something nice. 

17 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

It’s on a good run up lately but the question with these “surges” is always if it continues on steady, stalls somewhere on its run up or actually drops back a bit. I haven’t seen anyone explain why Vampi #1 is now takings it’s turn on jumps but nobody could explain the Phantom Stranger jumps a few years ago to me. At least that’s a tough series. I saw a lot of Vampi #1 the last few years in grade. Mostly raws. I expect that might change with pricing up and people slabbing. Its been enough to show me it’s not that tough a book to find So scarcity won’t play into its future values. It’s a great book and I think Oakman called it the magazines “Action #1” (or someone did). I like my copy well enough, probably should have upgraded it earlier but not to concerned about it now. When you start talking 1,2,3 or 4k for Vampi #1 my head tilt backs to what that would buy in something like PCH comics which are so much rarer than a Vampi #1 it hurts. 

But if her run does continue onward and upward I’m watching to see if the tide raises all boats or it’s limited to just issue #1. There are some pretty “classic” Vampi covers that should be higher but no ones paying them that much attention.

Edited by N e r V