• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What we need right now
3 3

119 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, N e r V said:

It’s on a good run up lately but the question with these “surges” is always if it continues on steady, stalls somewhere on its run up or actually drops back a bit. I haven’t seen anyone explain why Vampi #1 is now takings it’s turn on jumps but nobody could explain the Phantom Stranger jumps a few years ago to me. At least that’s a tough series. I saw a lot of Vampi #1 the last few years in grade. Mostly raws. I expect that might change with pricing up and people slabbing. Its been enough to show me it’s not that tough a book to find So scarcity won’t play into its future values. It’s a great book and I think Oakman called it the magazines “Action #1” (or someone did). I like my copy well enough, probably should have upgraded it earlier but not to concerned about it now. When you start talking 1,2,3 or 4k for Vampi #1 my head tilt backs to what that would buy in something like PCH comics which are so much rarer than a Vampi #1 it hurts. 

But if her run does continue onward and upward I’m watching to see if the tide raises all boats or it’s limited to just issue #1. There are some pretty “classic” Vampi covers that should be higher but no ones paying them that much attention.

Thanks for the mention,  yes that was me who mentioned that. 

I still believe that , seems maybe the rest of the world is figuring it out now.

27 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Thanks for the mention,  yes that was me who mentioned that. 

I still believe that , seems maybe the rest of the world is figuring it out now.

Yes, magazines Action #1. So...proud...hm

5AFB6370-3352-453A-96B0-B2C7ABE23F95.gif.c7450e3b8e1dc5d04a66e2bccdf9bc28.gif

Well she eats bananas better than Supie...:juggle:

Edited by N e r V

On 8/11/2019 at 8:32 PM, Stevemmg said:

I’ll be curious to see how the grades compare to mine. I just sold my sixth copy of Vampirella #1. Two copies left that aren’t locked into my collection. With all the nutty prices lately, may turn them into CGC at the show in two weeks. Amazed to see fine range copies selling at the $5-600 range. Not sure if it’s the 50th hype or the new normal. 

They are on the way back to me. I bought them from you as a 6.5 and a 7.5.

They are coming back 7.5 OW/W and 7.5 White.

Needless to say very happy!

I'll post up some scans when they arrive.

1 hour ago, speedcake said:

Is it weird that I've recently had the overwhelming urge to sell my entire comic collection and just collect horror magazines instead? I probably won't do that. Probably.

I've had that same disease for years. 

7 hours ago, speedcake said:

Is it weird that I've recently had the overwhelming urge to sell my entire comic collection and just collect horror magazines instead? I probably won't do that. Probably.

Welcome to our little club!  The first rule about magazine club is...