• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted to Buy
8 8

98 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2022 at 10:26 AM, OtherEric said:

Anybody have a lower grade copy of Blazing Combat #1 for sale?  I'm looking for a complete reading copy with a decently but not necessarily perfectly presenting cover image, but I don't care how many color breaking creases the black area on the cover has.

Sigh.  Thought I had a copy... but when I grabbed it BIN on eBay, the seller cancelled the order within 5 minutes.  Then relisted the book at 4x the original amount.  I have no idea if I have any recourse against that.  The book was a decent deal at the original cost but the current asking price is never going to move.

And as long as I'm venting here, I might as well Creepy #4 to my wanted to buy list here as well.  Looking for about a 4.5... decently presenting reader copy.

On 2/22/2022 at 2:32 AM, OtherEric said:

Sigh.  Thought I had a copy... but when I grabbed it BIN on eBay, the seller cancelled the order within 5 minutes.  Then relisted the book at 4x the original amount.  I have no idea if I have any recourse against that.  The book was a decent deal at the original cost but the current asking price is never going to move.

And as long as I'm venting here, I might as well Creepy #4 to my wanted to buy list here as well.  Looking for about a 4.5... decently presenting reader copy.

Just had this happen to me on another comic site. I gave the BIN price on 5 different mag issues. All were pulled by the owners (I contacted the website owner about this to no avail). 

On 2/22/2022 at 6:09 AM, Gregd said:

Just had this happen to me on another comic site. I gave the BIN price on 5 different mag issues. All were pulled by the owners (I contacted the website owner about this to no avail). 

I could almost accept a note saying “oops, I screwed up… that was the price I meant on 2-4”.  But an automated email through eBay claiming the item was damaged or unavailable, then relisting instantly, is just rude.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, OtherEric said:

I could almost accept a note saying “oops, I screwed up… that was the price I meant on 2-4”.  But an automated email through eBay claiming the item was damaged or unavailable, then relisting instantly, is just rude.

I agree- I would be angry 😡 

On 2/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, OtherEric said:

I would probably try and report him. I would be very annoyed. 

On 2/20/2022 at 10:31 PM, Gregd said:

Still looking for a bunch:

Creepy 3,5,7,16,17

Eerie 8,23

Vamp: many issues between 2-50

Blazing Combat 2,3,4

CGC slabbed 9.4+

Should add Eerie 41

Any slabbed Skywalds too

On 9/25/2020 at 3:04 PM, Stevemmg said:

While it may be futile, I'm posting my top 10 Warren mag upgrade wants in the hopes of maybe finding a few.  Looking for most of these either 9.6 or better, and a few exceptions as noted.  Raw is fine, as long as we can agree on the grade.

Blazing Combat 3 (9.4+), Anthology (9.2+)

Creepy 5, 13, 19 (9.4+), 1968 Yearbook (9.4+)

Eerie 8, 11, 43

Vampirella 51

If you have any to spare, please hit me up.  Thanks.

Steve

Update to my top ten wants, now a lucky 13 :foryou:

Blazing Combat 1 9.4+, Anthology 9.4+

Creepy 2 9.4+, 5 9.6+,13 9.6+, 18 9.6+, 53 9.6+, 64 9.6+, 66 9.6+

Eerie 3 9.6+, 8 9.4+, 18 9.6+, 74 9.6+

Purchase is great, or I do have some quite lovely trade items. 

Edited by Stevemmg

Anyone out there with an original Creepy Fan Club pin/membership card (need both)? Looking to buy some of the Creepy Magazine mail-away items that appeared in the magazine ads as well, but thought I'd try and start with the Fan Club stuff.

On 4/21/2023 at 8:44 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Anyone out there with an original Creepy Fan Club pin/membership card (need both)? Looking to buy some of the Creepy Magazine mail-away items that appeared in the magazine ads as well, but thought I'd try and start with the Fan Club stuff.

🤞

Might as well throw this out here... Anybody have a mid-grade copy (4.0-7.0 or so) of Warren Presents 13: Sword and Sorcery Comix that they're willing to part with?  For some reason, I can't find a copy for sale online that isn't priced in the $40 range for an obviously flawed book.

Alternatively, I would also take an explanation of why the book is suddenly commanding a premium unlike the rest of the Warren Presents issues that would justify the asking prices I'm seeing.

On 4/28/2023 at 1:34 PM, OtherEric said:

Might as well throw this out here... Anybody have a mid-grade copy (4.0-7.0 or so) of Warren Presents 13: Sword and Sorcery Comix that they're willing to part with?  For some reason, I can't find a copy for sale online that isn't priced in the $40 range for an obviously flawed book.

Alternatively, I would also take an explanation of why the book is suddenly commanding a premium unlike the rest of the Warren Presents issues that would justify the asking prices I'm seeing.

hm

Might as well mention this:  I'm looking for color photocopies of the front cover of Savage Tales #1 and Pussycat #1, I've got stripped copies of both of them and they're both in a price range where finding an upgrade at what I feel like paying is not necessarily going to happen any time soon.  So many books, so little time, and high price tags on books I've got low grade copies of keep slipping down the list...

On 10/5/2023 at 9:17 PM, OtherEric said:

Might as well mention this:  I'm looking for color photocopies of the front cover of Savage Tales #1 and Pussycat #1, I've got stripped copies of both of them and they're both in a price range where finding an upgrade at what I feel like paying is not necessarily going to happen any time soon.  So many books, so little time, and high price tags on books I've got low grade copies of keep slipping down the list...

Check pm