• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help ID 1970's comic mag. - hand chopped off, cauterized in fireplace

5 posts in this topic

Hi - I was requesting help to ID an old comic magazine I was given in the mid 1970's as I recall.  I remember being shocked at how gory it was.  There was a story where a guy gets his hand chopped off and he then sticks his arm into a fire to cauterize it.

There may have also been some nudity or sexy stuff in there that I did not expect.  It is also possible the nudity I am recalling was in a different comic magazine I was given at the same time, not the one w/ the hand chopped off story.

This comic magazine shocked me as a 10 year old.  It is long gone, and I have no idea what it was.

Does any of this sound familiar?   Can anyone ID what the title and issue this was?

I would appreciate any help - please speak up if this rings any bells for you.

Edited by Mr. Indicia

Thanks for the suggestions.     

Possible this could have been an issue of Vampirella, Eerie, Creepy, or something from Warren?

Was Eerie Publications something different?  [Horror Tales, Tales from the Tomb, Tales of Voodoo, etc.]   I have seen some of the covers of those and they look extreme.  Definitely in the ballpark.

The image of that bloody stump still sticks w/ me after about 45 years ! !

Edited by Mr. Indicia
additional info