• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it me or do certain genres do better at certain auction houses?

9 posts in this topic

I've got a stack of books that Im sending off to auction somewhere and was trying to decide where so I was keeping a keen eye on results from the various houses. 

Is it me or do (Golden Age) War and Western books seem to do better at Heritage (vs CLINK or CConnect)? 

It's the only real trend I see. Granted I'm not looking too closely at capes or horror.... 

(and Im not talking about event type auctions, just your usual weekly and monthly type fare)

Any other observed trends? 

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

I've got a stack of books that Im sending off to auction somewhere and was trying to decide where so I was keeping a keen eye on results from the various houses. 

Is it me or do (Golden Age) War and Western books seem to do better at Heritage (vs CLINK or CConnect)? 

It's the only real trend I see. Granted I'm not looking too closely at capes or horror.... 

(and Im not talking about event type auctions, just your usual weekly and monthly type fare)

Any other observed trends? 

HA > CC >>>>>>> CL

47 minutes ago, skybolt said:

From a GGA standpoint, I think CC tends to better than Heritage and CL on Fox related books. CL does really well on Fiction House titles. 

Agree with this, I’ve done really well dumping some undercopies of FH gga books on CLink over the last 2 years.

Its a shame they don’t make their sales history public because as you can see from the first few comments there’s not a lot of love for CLink amongst many on the GA forums.

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

certain genres or everything? 

Mostly everything.  CC equals HA on quality GA.  More obscure things seem to get overlooked a bit, but the gap is closing.  

12 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Duck books also do better at Heritage.

And Jon Berk books seem to do better at Heritage than at CC. (:

9 minutes ago, tth2 said:

To be fair, for totally commoditized SA and BA Marvel, CL holds its own!

I agree.  They also seem to get great prices for books with "room for improvement".  But for GA they're 3rd.