• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I get it pressed

10 posts in this topic

Hello fam hope not to bother anyone with my question I’m somewhat new to cgc haven’t been on here that long .so I posted this comic book a while back already was looking for my old post but couldn’t find it. I been looking online for a graded copy of this book and couldn’t find it , I paid about 15$ a while back for this and wondering if I should get a quick press to maybe get the dry cleaning done. Is there a big risk in damaging the book color etc?? If this was your book would you keep it as is or get it graded? What you think it’s worth as is ?Thanks for taking the time in reading this. Truly appreciated 

F471CC26-85B1-419E-AAB9-944328A55354.jpeg

BEF43F50-AA08-4EF7-BE33-0928C175E9E4.jpeg

1EE8B2BA-B484-4805-8022-E946BAF424EB.jpeg

627304CA-4134-4B1A-9E0B-25340B736AEF.jpeg

0B2674D0-C747-4211-A217-8DE56B940931.jpeg

1DB813BD-70DD-45DC-B99D-ED56C30FECCD.jpeg

I wouldn't do much as the book is on e bay for 50$ aprox and didn't really see any graded copies I would just put it in a mylar with a board and store it that way maybe sell if it Raw, but the choice is up to you as you would know your financial situation or that your grading or protecting if for sentimental reasons etc.. but Mylar and a board will also protect it well 

Man, the eBay values on that are all over the place. Your copy looks really nice! According to CGC stats most graded copies of this are 7-7.5 which in my amateur opinion yours looks about that. I assume a press would mostly fix those dents in the back so I wouldn’t mind rolling the dice to try for a higher grade although I’m not sure it’d be much of a return on investment if your plan is to sell it.

Cman 429 I been keeping an eye on eBay to find one in similar conditions to see how much they sale for but they all look worst than mine and I also believe it would be a 7 7.5 . I think ima take the chance and send it in to get graded and pressed and hope for the best .I didn’t pay that much for the book after all . If for some reason comes out better than what we think then I’ll see how much someone’s willing to pay for it on eBay. Or I’ll just save it for the future I’ll post it back on here when I get it back . Thanks 

I'm not sure if you did it or someone mentioned it, but if you have an anticipated grade in mind (before or after press) you can check GPA (which checks sales of graded comics on certain venues) for some history to get some idea of realizeable prices.  Then work in the math of press and submission, including shipping and insurance, time, effort, etc.  Compare to the price you'd expect to sell for raw.  See if the math works out for you based on your own, time, risk, effort, collection, financial preferences

2 hours ago, Pedro87 said:

Thanks for that info how do I check gpa never heard of it before

google ' gpa comics', it'll get you there

18 hours ago, Pedro87 said:

Thanks for that info how do I check gpa never heard of it before

you have to pay to sign up for it but I think its worth it as it collects a lot of data for you to be able to explore and use. I think some Free ones are Gocollect that someone has mentioned before never used it thought, or go the OLD school way and research the heck out of sold ebay listings, Heritage auctions and other auction sites, etc...