• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this color touch?
1 1

26 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Krishosein said:

my question was similar to JJJ why would someone do a small CT when there are other better areas that would more than likely get CT like the bottom spine tick and why would they not CT that, it seems off to me that the CT is on the diagonal crease and near the staple but not on the lower book.. but then I though maybe those ticks happened after the CT and that's why the CT is only in those 2 spots...  

There could be numerous reasons why the person didn't do more touch-up to the book. My feeling in this case is that it was an experiment that didn't achieve the desired results, but I can only speculate. I usually don't even ask myself why people do what they do anymore. As the saying goes, "it is what it is."

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

There's more than those two spots, there's actually quite a few hits of c.t. on it, but still, he attempted to conceal less than 1% of the crease flaking of just the dark (black and brown) areas alone, let alone when you consider that it doesn't look like he even picked up a red or orange marker for the rest. What he did failed to improve the appearance even one iota. What he did is like spitting at the ocean to moisten it. I was almost positive it was color-touch immediately. I just wanted to be sure because it made no sense to color touch it like he did.

love the analogy, that's what I thought as usually CT is to approve the over all appearance but it seemed like this CT didn't.