• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Marvel Art Kane, Heck, Buscema & more
2 2

31 posts in this topic

...Let's start with everybody's favorite, Don Heck!  :D  :whee:  :banana:

Tales of Suspense #60 pg. 13 - Don Heck pencils and Dick Ayers inks.  Twice-up, large silver age art from 1964, image size 18½" X 12¾",  featuring Iron Man/Tony Stark, Hawkeye's second appearance, and an early Black Widow appearance.  Also features Pepper Potts and Happy Hogan. - All of these characters portrayed by their silver age co-creator, Don Heck!
The page has slightly tanned on the edges; there is whiteout for corrections in panel 2 (above and below Hawkeye) and a very slight amount in panel 6, and there is tape along the right side to hold down subscription info, otherwise in excellent condition. Pencil and production notes in the margins.  See scans.  Additional photos or scans upon request.
A nice, twice-up silver age Tales of Suspense page from 1964 featuring Iron Man with an early Hawkeye and Black Widow appearance.

SOLD!  USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees and art will ship FedEx International.
Personal check, Cashier's check or MO are welcome and preferred.
PayPal is great, no friends & family to circumvent fees. 

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or :takeit: seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 7 days unless other arrangements have been made.
Thanks for looking! :D

Tos60-13heck_med_ed.thumb.jpg.7a25dc533987c97bf623d0b9173b5b9f.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Tales of Suspense #90 pg. 7 - the great Gil Kane on pencils and the great Joe Sinnott on inks Twice-up, large silver age art from 1967, image size 18½" X 12¾",  featuring Captain America and his arch-nemesis the Red Skull!
NOTE*  The ground and building in panel one is a production stat of the original art underneath.  It appears that the building was enlarged a bit and re-positioned upwards so the Red Skull's energy bubble could be better shown lifting the building off the ground. 

Panels 2, 3 and 4 are gorgeous, with slick Sinnott inks over Kane's distinctive pencils.

Page is slightly toned. The page has a crease along the width of the page about 5 inches from the top, with other minor creases (see pictures). There is whiteout for corrections in panel 1, and slight whiteout text corrections in panels 3 and 4. There is tape along the bottom right to hold down the "Continued After Next Page" blurb. Pencil and production notes in the margins.  Joe Sinnott signature on the back of the page. See scans.  Additional photos or scans upon request.
A nice, twice-up silver age Tales of Suspense page from 1964 featuring Captain America and the Red Skull.

$2550.00 shipped USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees and art will ship FedEx International.

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or :takeit: seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 7 days unless other arrangements have been made.

ToS_90_Capt_Am_pg7med.thumb.jpg.da667663bddc19f723c80fa351d1fb92.jpg

Tos90pg7_ed.thumb.jpg.8fc4bfb3c70fdc8a06442860e2156ff5.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Avengers #47 pg 7  -  John Buscema on pencils and George Tuska on inks Silver age art from 1967, image size 15" X 10",  featuring Hercules.

Page is very slightly toned.  4 holes punched in top and bottom margins. Production notes.  There is whiteout for text and word balloon corrections.   See photo.  Additional photos or scans upon request.
A nice, silver age Avengers page from 1967 featuring Hercules.

$1800.00 shipped USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

av47-p7med.thumb.jpg.5d4941ff289266831221d7dce079a764.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Tales to Astonish #75 pg 10  -  Gene Colan pencils and Vince Colletta inks Twice-up Silver age art from 1966, image size 18½" X 12½",  featuring the Sub-Mariner.

Some production staining. Production notes. Text caption in Panel 4 has a cut-out for a text correction; another piece of board was attached to the back with masking tape.  The pasted-on text correction has since fallen away and is not includedSee photos.  Additional photos or scans upon request.

NOTE: while putting the art away, the masking tape let go (it's old) so the correction board is no longer attached to the back.  If I was keeping the page, I'd likely reattach with more tape.  The correction board will be included, so the buyer can do what he wishes.
SOLD!  USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

Tta75p10med.thumb.jpg.95460aa1678e4f6425344602d3ed27de.jpg

IMG_20190809_192602087.thumb.jpg.29b4a3da425609ccf18abeefa0d6f399.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

17 minutes ago, Dayzen said:

Great pages! Anymore coming up for sale? 

Thanks for the kind words.

I will be putting up a couple pages tomorrow, if I don't have to paint a garage.  Heh.

-Another Buscema Avengers page (but twice-up) featuring Hercules again.  A Colan Sub-Mariner page.  A Sal Buscema Sub-Mariner page.  A Marie Severin Sub-Mariner page.
I liked the Sub-Mariner as a kid.  I wish more folks liked Subby now.  If he had a good MCU movie, I bet things would be different.

The Subby pages will be early bronze age, not silver age.  But I'm not gonna change this topic's title.  I'm stubborn that way.

6 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Thanks for the kind words.

I will be putting up a couple pages tomorrow, if I don't have to paint a garage.  Heh.

-Another Buscema Avengers page (but twice-up) featuring Hercules again.  A Colan Sub-Mariner page.  A Sal Buscema Sub-Mariner page.  A Marie Severin Sub-Mariner page.
I liked the Sub-Mariner as a kid.  I wish more folks liked Subby now.  If he had a good MCU movie, I bet things would be different.

The Subby pages will be early bronze age, not silver age.  But I'm not gonna change this topic's title.  I'm stubborn that way.

Psst.  Subby in a MCU movie is inevitable and may be within MCU phase 5.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:25 AM, Unca Ben said:

...Let's start with everybody's favorite, Don Heck!  :D  :whee:  :banana:

Tales of Suspense #60 pg. 13 - Don Heck pencils and Dick Ayers inks.  Twice-up, large silver age art from 1964, image size 18½" X 12¾",  featuring Iron Man/Tony Stark, Hawkeye's second appearance, and an early Black Widow appearance.  Also features Pepper Potts and Happy Hogan. - All of these characters portrayed by their silver age co-creator, Don Heck!
The page has slightly tanned on the edges; there is whiteout for corrections in panel 2 (above and below Hawkeye) and a very slight amount in panel 6, and there is tape along the right side to hold down subscription info, otherwise in excellent condition. Pencil and production notes in the margins.  See scans.  Additional photos or scans upon request.
A nice, twice-up silver age Tales of Suspense page from 1964 featuring Iron Man with an early Hawkeye and Black Widow appearance.

SOLD!  USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

Tos60-13heck_med_ed.thumb.jpg.7a25dc533987c97bf623d0b9173b5b9f.jpg

This is a great page for the money.  Soapy as "heck", in a good way.

3 hours ago, bluechip said:

Psst.  Subby in a MCU movie is inevitable and may be within MCU phase 5.

I fully agree....as mcu will now include xmen and FF movies, the obvious next big vilain after thanos should be galactus, in a 2 part movie like the last avengers, with avengers xmen ff battling silver surfer in part one, and the arrival of galactus in part two

So,for the FFto stay on the topic, FF 1 would introduce dr doom, and FF 2 namor, and when you see the success of aquaman, marvel would be crazy not to do a namor movie

Sub-Mariner #46 pg 6  -  Gene Colan on pencils and Mike Esposito on inks Silver age art from 1972, image size 15" X 10",  featuring the Sub-Mariner and his enemy Tiger Shark in battle.

Page is white and in great condition.  "Gene Colan" written in bottom margin.  There is whiteout in panel 3 thought balloon bubbles.   There is a text correction cut-out in panel 1 that is taped from the back with a 1 inch piece of masking tape and with clear tape over the front. (It's the word "selfsame" in the upper-most thought balloon). See photo.  Additional photos or scans upon request.

A very nice three panel early bronze-age Sub-Mariner page from 1972.

That huge beautiful first panel could make quite a splash!   :shy:

SOLD! USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

submariner46pg6med.thumb.jpg.e785d9b9c0b93bb0fefd0dd21be1d6c0.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Sub-Mariner #32 pg 19   Sal Buscema on pencils and Mike Jim Mooney on inks Silver age art from 1970, image size 15" X 10",  featuring the Sub-Mariner and Llyra.

Page is white and in great condition.  "Jim Mooney" written in bottom margin.  There is whiteout used for text corrections in panels 1, 3, and 5.   Production stain in bottom margin.  All 4 corners trimmed, does not affect art.  See photo.  Additional photos or scans upon request.

A nice early bronze-age Sub-Mariner page from 1970.  The issue features the first appearance of Llyra, and this page features her "death".  Don't worry.  Llyra comes back from the dead, kidnaps and impersonates Lady Dorma on her wedding day to Namor, and then Llyra kills Lady Dorma before Namor can rescue her. :cry:

SOLD! shipped USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

submariner32pg19.thumb.jpg.db9045038e3c75ff23cc1c5987dc2c72.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Avengers #42 pg. 10 - John Buscema pencils and George Roussos inks.  Twice-up, large silver age art from 1967, image size 18½" X 12¼",  featuring Hercules battling Dragon Man.  I thought Dragon Man was cool.  And I like the lower tier gag, "You Guessed It, Pussycat!!"  lol

The page is nice; there is whiteout for text corrections in all panels. Pencil and production notes in the margins.  See scans.  Additional photos or scans upon request.

A nice, twice-up silver age John Buscema page from the second issue of The Avengers that he drew.

$2350 shipped USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

avengers42pg10.thumb.jpg.8c6a693814da8739ab760dbcc21cfd6f.jpg

3 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Sub-Mariner #46 pg 6  -  Gene Colan on pencils and Mike Esposito on inks Silver age art from 1972, image size 15" X 10",  featuring the Sub-Mariner and his enemy Tiger Shark in battle.

Page is white and in great condition.  "Gene Colan" written in bottom margin.  There is whiteout in panel 3 thought balloon bubbles.   There is a text correction cut-out in panel 1 that is taped from the back with a 1 inch piece of masking tape and with clear tape over the front. (It's the word "selfsame" in the upper-most thought balloon). See photo.  Additional photos or scans upon request.

A very nice three panel early bronze-age Sub-Mariner page from 1972.

That huge beautiful first panel could make quite a splash!   :shy:

$1475.00 shipped USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

submariner46pg6med.thumb.jpg.e785d9b9c0b93bb0fefd0dd21be1d6c0.jpg

:takeit:

Edited by dem1138