• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What comic would you consider spending a small fortune for?
4 4

98 posts in this topic

Is there a book out there that you'd consider dropping a pile of money outside your budget if it ever came around?

ASM 1 and IH 181 would intrigue me if it came around at the right time and grade. Of course it would depend on my finances around that time but I might drain my funds if the opportunity presented itself.

In the past it would have been Rawhide Kid #1, Kid Colt Outlaw #1 or any of the JIM/ST 1-20 issues I need, however...

As I have gotten older I no longer have the desire to spend money on comic books, it just does not excite me as it used to and I feel the prices have become outrageous (is it because I became "that old guy"?), at this point I cannot even see myself spending $25.00 for any book.

56 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Relative to my means, there are no key books I would even consider putting myself out for at present.

Ridiculously expensive, and I’m not competing with frantic speculators.

This.

Fantastic Four 115, 116, 117, 119, 120, 124, 136, 147, 179, 214, 223
Fantastic Four Annual 12, 14, 16
Giant Size Super Stars 1
Giant Size Fantastic Four 3, 5, 6

These aren't keys, really (although 120 might be now), but if they come up for sale in CGC 9.8 (or higher) with white pages, I will pay more than anyone else.