• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What comic would you consider spending a small fortune for?
4 4

98 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, october said:

That was mine too. I got one earlier this year and I think I am done with books at that level. Values are too crazy. 

Yeah

And they are close to the ceiling in value anyways

Like I'd like to get a 9.8 nm98 but I think its reached its value cap anyways

On 8/8/2019 at 1:50 PM, kaculler said:

I would probably spend a small fortune for a decent copy of Action Comics #1 in hopes of turning it into a large fortune.

I would probably spend a small fortune on an Action 1 in hopes of putting it away and treasuring it always.   

Other than that, I suppose Suspense 3, might also tempt me.  

1 minute ago, Hudson said:
On 8/9/2019 at 2:51 AM, oakman29 said:

I would whore myself out for a Detective 27, just saying.

At 25 cents an evening, this could take you awhile, Dave.    Just saying.  

lol

7 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

A Gaines EC with a Frazetta cover.  All doable but how much do I care I am not sure...

Weird Science-Fantasy 29 is another book that has shot up in price over the last few years.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Of course the repair guy didn’t bring the right part so we start all over brand new again next week.  And I do my laundry at the laundromat. 

What the :censored: is wrong with these washer repair guys,same with plumbers, they know they got you by the :censored:s so they screw up,than they ding you on the bill!

10 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

What the :censored: is wrong with these washer repair guys,same with plumbers, they know they got you by the :censored:s so they screw up,than they ding you on the bill!

In the UK I can check out positive feedback, get an idea about the attitude of the tradesperson, and where they are regarding pricing and labour by using the MyBuilder website before hiring them.

23 hours ago, october said:

That was mine too. I got one earlier this year and I think I am done with books at that level. Values are too crazy. 

KInda buried the lead mi amigo. Pictures!

Andy, that's freakin' sweet.  Congratulations!

For myself, I would probably go nuts if I could find the old Janowicz copy of FF #1 (7.0 wp last I checked), if only because the front cover colors were so rich.  It's really hard to find a pure, white FF #1 cover.

Dan