• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are we at a peak of back issue worth/sales?
6 6

388 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

You`re ignoring you could have bought multiple issues of Hulk #181, NM #98 and ASM #300 during the same time frame while buying a Batman #11 in the same time frame.

Damn you are a Wall Street guy and you should know that if someone bought one Batman #11 they could have made way more buying a assortment of multiple copies of ASM#300, NM #98 and Hulk 181.

damn that Spider Gwen Stacy first appearance with multiple copies would have made you more bank than your old Batman #11

well you could always make a mint on stocks if you know how they are going to explode later.  Which current books selling for $20 will be worth 5K in 10 years like hulk 181?

Just now, dupont2005 said:

That Spider Gwen comic could have also become a dollar comic, as countless moderns do every single month. Not much of a risk with Batman 11

but if you used your luck buying $3000 worth of Spider gwen first appearance  comics you would have made way more money than buying one lonely Batman #11. You see my point now? btw I like you and you seem like a fair man.

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

but if you used your luck buying $3000 worth of Spider gwen first appearance  comics you would have made way more money than buying one lonely Batman #11. You see my point now? btw I like you and you seem like a fair man.

true but it assumes you know ahead of time which moderns will explode.  Batman 11 you always know will be worth something but shooting the dice on spider aunt may spider JJJ spider dude spider spider etc mostly you will be the owner of drek.

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Born in Capetown South Africa. yes. The new collector. 

I liked the part in endgame when panther said "give it to me!" then ran of with the definity gauntlit

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I liked the part in endgame when panther said "give it to me!" then ran of with the definity gauntlit

You and I have to talk soon over the phone soon . You are one of the cool ones my friend. For people not in the know this guy Kav is a good person.

44 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

It was a cheap shot out of the blue, and no reason for it.  Typical of this poster.  I guess he's off his meds again.

(thumbsu

AFAIK, he's still never explained why he created a new account without deactivating his old one.

Then again, maybe I'm wrong about two members who post the exact same things in the same style, are from the same area, and quit/started within days of each other being the same person. meh

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

You`re ignoring you could have bought multiple issues of Hulk #181, NM #98 and ASM #300 during the same time frame while buying a Batman #11 in the same time frame.

Damn you are a Wall Street guy and you should know that if someone bought one Batman #11 they could have made way more buying a assortment of multiple copies of ASM#300, NM #98 and Hulk 181.

damn that Spider Gwen Stacy first appearance with multiple copies would have made you more bank than your old Batman #11

I’m not arguing that you couldn’t make more money with the other books.  I imagine its a lot easier to find and flip copies of ASM 300.

I’m just saying that you can’t assume there is more overall demand for a cheap book than a really expensive book just because the expensive book trades infrequently.  Just about every collector I know would rather have the Batman 11 than a ASM 300 (and I’m a Spidey guy).  They just don’t want to spend the vastly higher price.

I’m also not a Wall Street guy.