• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are we at a peak of back issue worth/sales?
6 6

388 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, delekkerste said:
23 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m confused.  Are you saying that CL added a reserve to an auction that originally didn’t have one?

There was always a reserve for this one, and it was met (it says "Reserve Met" if you look at the listing).  

The detailed auction listing also indicates that the auction estimate for this listing was for $90,000+.  :screwy:

On 8/31/2019 at 8:16 AM, delekkerste said:

Wasn't this offered at a fixed price of somewhere in the $100-150K range not that long ago?  Anyone able to confirm that? 

If so, maybe the seller was disappointed by the result. :fear:

So , you might just be correct in stating that while virtually everybody in the entire comic book collecting world is flabbergasted at this result here, the consignor of this book here might actually not be that happy with the result.  >:(

On 8/11/2019 at 2:52 AM, kimik said:

I have posted on this numerous times over the past 15 or so years we have been debating this topic on the boards, but the new generation of collectors focuses on keys, not filling runs. We have repeat buyers that started as young as 13 snapping up keys and classic horror books to collect and for the crack/press/resub game. 

It's alive and well.. not bad for 5 months.  (not mine)

image.thumb.png.e3de5fc16c31c8715d9e622c70459d27.png

image.thumb.png.7aa5140e31689911ce90c9d84b580bfe.png