• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: FF 49

13 posts in this topic

This is another great find from a collection I just bought.

The spine is almost perfect.  The worst flaw that I can find is the upper right corner has a micro piece missing.  It's a gorgeous comic.

Has an ownership stamp on the back.

This one is gong in tomorrow to CGC

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

beautiful book!  I see minor corner wear and edge wear, tiny color breaking spine tic, tiny chip missing from upper right corner.  At the top edge of front cover, just above "Greatest," is that a small dent, piece missing, or color breaking edge wear?  If it's not a piece missing, i'd say CGC 8.5

16 minutes ago, davet75 said:

At the top edge of front cover, just above "Greatest," is that a small dent, piece missing, or color breaking edge wear?

It's a tiny color breaking edge wear, nothing is missing.  

I'd certainly take an 8.0, an 8.5 would be great, but I think it might have a tiny chance at even a 9.0, so I've got my fingers crossed for that.

I was learning towards the 8.0 cause of the general wear on edges and the top CB chip at the top

9 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I wanted a 9.0 SOOOO bad on this one, but alas I only got an 8.5.  I wonder if it was the name stamp?

Still, can't really complain about an 8.5 on a FF49

congrats!  Still a great grade on this classic book.  I'd say it was the tiny chip that kept it out of 9.0 range.