• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PayPal dispute question: seller trying to return after 90 days
1 1

56 posts in this topic

Hi, I figured this would be the best place to get a quick answer:

I sold a comic described as color touched with a married centerfold in the listing more than 3 months ago.

The buyer is now claiming I did not describe it as restored, and wants to return it after he sent it into CGC and it came back PLOD.

As I understand it, there's no way for me to retrieve or access the original listing, and I know eBay's return window is passed. Am I correct in thinking that PayPal and/or his credit card will force a return on me regardless of anything else? 

Thanks-

.... PayPal gives 6 months...

I'm sure that PayPal will be more reasonable and check an older eBay listing.... I hope and based on my experience ...

CC may be different but will be less than 6 months... for a refund...

The buyer is an idiot.

Take the return, block them, then out them here.

It's not worth your time to fight it. It IS worth your time to make sure this fool is outed, so others can block as necessary.

But if you want to try and fight it...you may be able to retrieve the original listing. Do you have the "sold" e-mail that eBay sent you? A forced return is not a foregone conclusion.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

you may be able to retrieve the original listing. Do you have the "sold" e-mail that eBay sent you? A forced return is not a foregone conclusion.

No I don't; I sadly cleared out all my old emails last week. 

Just now, SuperBird said:

Ha!

It's a likely 2.0 with slight color touch and a detached, married centerfold. It has great eye appeal though. 

:luhv: The perfect book... LMK.

The buyer is right, you didn't describe it as restored.  The OP even started this thread saying he described the book as restored and no where in that description does it say restored.

You used terminology such as "There is a spot of red that may be color touch of some sort"  & "The two center wraps are detached, and possibly married."

Giving the misconception that it may or may not be restored. 

3 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

The buyer is right, you didn't describe it as restored.  The OP even started this thread saying he described the book as restored and no where in that description does it say restored.

You used terminology such as "There is a spot of red that may be color touch of some sort"  & "The two center wraps are detached, and possibly married."

Giving the misconception that it may or may not be restored. 

The buyer is not right.